VOTE NOW: Best moment of 2011-12

Guest Irishjim

The polls are open for fans to vote on what they think was the best Flyers moment during the 2011-12 season. Check out the main page or click on the videos below to view the top four moments and submit your vote below.

The polls will close at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, September 13. The winning highlight will be revealed the next day on PhiladelphiaFlyers.com.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=641119

(this link has 4 videos, easier to post the link then the separate vids)

I think they're taking "during the season" a little literally here.

Still, while I totally marked out for Bernie and loved seeing Howe's jersey raised - those were two of the four "top moments" during the season?

The Alumni Game and a Jersey Hanging?

Of the four, I'd vote for the shutout streak since there's no "none of the above" option and it at least happened on the ice and won a series of games (not just one).

Under protest.

Have to agree with you rad, not much to choose from here really. I respect Bernie and Howe as much as anyone. But they're hardly the highlight of last season. Girouxs shift would be my first choice but it's not there. Neither was a game started by Bob (kidding). So that's right, I voted for Bryz. Now I'm going to shower 3 times.

I voted for Mark Howe. What he meant to the franchise trancends anything that could have gone on during the season on the ice. It would have taken a 10 point night from a current Flyer to cancel out the Howe vote for me. The best Flyer d-man of all time having his jersey forever retired/remembered....that is of paramount importance in my line of thinking.

I voted for Mark Howe. What he meant to the franchise trancends anything that could have gone on during the season on the ice. It would have taken a 10 point night from a current Flyer to cancel out the Howe vote for me. The best Flyer d-man of all time having his jersey forever retired/remembered....that is of paramount importance in my line of thinking.

So the best moment of last year was retiring a jersey?

Kinda depressing, don't you think?

@radoran I may one of the only ones, but I love jersey retirements. It brings back all the memories of when the guy played and is historically relevant for the franchise. I tune into Center Ice whenever one is scheduled....no matter who it was or what team it is.

I am a big fan of jersey retirements. I just think calling it the best moment of the regular season is a pretty sad statement about the regular season...

It obviously doesn't include the postseason, or Crosby's epic meltdown and Game 6 embarassment would certainly have been an option.

:D

That's it? I thought you'd enjoyed Giroux's two punches to the side of Crosby's head more! I guess I needd to recalibrate my thinking here... :P

That's it? I thought you'd enjoyed Giroux's two punches to the side of Crosby's head more! I guess I needd to recalibrate my thinking here... :P

I think the deliberate attempt to injure Giroux in the faceoff circle ("everybody does it!") might also make the cut?

Throwing a punch at known tough-guy Kimmo Timonen (and then running skating away)?

Serve. Volley.

:rolleyes:

I think the deliberate attempt to injure Giroux in the faceoff circle ("everybody does it!") might also make the cut?

Throwing a punch at known tough-guy Kimmo Timonen (and then running skating away)?

Serve. Volley.

:rolleyes:

Actually I was serious to some portion.. what Flyers fan doesn't like seeing Sid punched in the head? LOL