Wings Ink Colaiacovo?

Guest WingNut722

Nothing's official yet, but it looks like Detroit has come to an agreement with Blues defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo. Through an article on NHL.com, the reported deal is for two years and 5 million dollars, which is a typical "good faith" offer from Ken Holland to a guy who shows enough potential to keep around. In this summer's free agent talk, Colaiacovo's perpetual nickname was "injury-riddled" however, given the "loss" of Ryan Suter to the Wild, I believe this is one of the best moves for the Red Wings. Carlo is a slick puck-moving defenseman, when he's healthy, and signing him from a heated division rival only adds to his worth. This should take some of the pressure off the Wings' blueliners, particularly the young guns, who can now be rotated in and out as the season progresses.

This deal is about as good as it gets for the WIngs at this point in time. Colaiacovo will always be encircled with questions surrounding his health, but look on the bright side...if there's a lockout, he's almost certain to make it to April in one piece!! :)

• Like 1

@yave1964 Was going to post the story from the Detroit Free Press that said they were trying to work out a deal with Carlo...but seems as if things have progressed past that....dammit, I wanted Carlo on the Flyers! 2 years 5 mill is a good solid deal for the Wings. Bit of a risk due to the injury concerns...but his pts per game average is WAY above anyone currently available.....I love this signing for the Wings....real smart move by Holland.

@Polaris922 UGGGGGGHHHH!!! I'd like to sit down at the end of the season, and compare the years of Bruno and Carlo...it will not be close. Even if Carlo get's hurt, it's still better than being a healthy scratch....LOL!

And if it doesn't work out for them on the ice, Bruno and Carlo could always go around breaking peoples thumbs and collecting money for Tony Gazzo on the docks.