GUESS the Date the NHL plays first game with new CBA

Guest hf101

500 Tokens to the member that guesses correctly the DATE of the first game played following the lockout under the New CBA.

Members are only allowed one guess and must it must be posted at least one week prior to the actual first game to earn tokens.

There will only be one 500 token winner. The first member that guesses the correct date will win the 500 tokens. Other members that guess the same date will win 100 Tokens.

--- if no one guesses correctly, the closest guess +/- will win or split the tokens if there is a tie.

@hf101 Opening day next season...so Oct 2013...not sure of the exact date because it has not been announed yet...but you know what I mean. Donald Fehr will not accept defeat in his first negioation as the NHLPA rep....and the most of the owners have a reason to not settle, the lock out will save them money...only 8-10 owners stand to lose money here. This stalemate will go on.....and on....and on. There is no real incentive from the owners to save the season.

• Like 1

@jammer2

Sweet Jeebus man, you really think so?

I am with jammer, there will be no hockey season. Don Fehr will unite the players like no one ever has for the NHLPA to this date. Gary Bettman is going to rue the day he thought he could bully Don Fehr and group and bend them to his will. If I am a player and want to play, I go to Europe or Russia or just spend some of my hard earned money and pull a Tim Thomas and spend a year on hiatus. Until Bettman comes off his ridiculous demands, my message to him is I am taking the highway A$$hole. Have fun not collecting your money until an agreement is reached.

Both sides are still talking even though no formal meetings are scheduled. I want to think that this nonsense is going to end and the season will start on time. But in order for the Owners to give in some they need to feel the pinch. Thus I'll go with the season starts Wed eve before Thanksgiving.

November 21, 2012

500 Tokens to the member that guesses correctly the DATE of the first game played following the lockout under the New CBA.

Members are only allowed one guess and must it must be posted at least one week prior to the actual first game to earn tokens.

There will only be one 500 token winner. The first member that guesses the correct date will win the 500 tokens. Other members that guess the same date will win 100 Tokens.

--- if no one guesses correctly, the closest guess +/- will win or split the tokens if there is a tie.

I am too lazy to look, but there has to be at least one game on Hallowsween. So, October 31.

• 4 weeks later...

@brelic

Waited for the opportune moment, eh?

Hehe. There are a few items in the offer from the league that I don't think the players will go for (longer rookie contracts, max length contracts, and later UFA eligibility). BUT, they're getting 50/50. Now the league is playing the PR game.

• Like 1