News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Most Liked Posts in This Topic

I'm old enough to remember the series (barely). The one thing that's always bothered me is the way Clarke gets badmouthed now about his slash...OK, axe-swing, on Karmalov. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOMJsJhHlyM I don't recall a single person back in the cold war days saying anything bad about it. On the contrary, most people thought it was great. Threat of nuclear holocaust will have that effect. Now, all the "politically correct" douchebags say things like "he should be locked up for that
      @TretiakCCCP20  This aint Russia buddy. You want to come into a new forum full of Flyer fans and make inflamatory remarks like "the Flyers were a bunch of criminals"....you get what you give around here. Show no respect you get it right back, sickle and hammer style...Tretiak choked in the big games, making him a LOSER!!
      The reason Kharlamov was so good was because he played with Petrov and Mikhailov on the same line. I think Kharalomov's skill was definitely increased by that fact. Still, he is probably the greatest forward to never play in the NHL.
      1972 Summit series: One thing to keep in mind, the Soviet players were all a part of the military. The life they lived was brutal and hockey 24/7 11 months a year BUT the alternative was to fail and get cut from the team and end up driving a tank in Afghanistan. (Okay Afghanistan was a few years into the USSR future but you get the point.) The USSR had a solid mix of forwards with varying degrees of skill but an amazing amount of collective talent. The defense was thin and not rugged, the mo
      @flyercanuck  I think we are the best also. No ego involved, but somebody has to be the best, other countries will knock us off our perch, it's inevitable.  The USA closes the gap every year, but we are still the best. I expect the Swedes and Russians to ice some wicked teams in the coming Olympics. Ditto for the Chezh's and USA. Canada still makes up over 50% of the NHL players and I don't see any Olympic teams that have Canada's depth. Cept the goaltending....which is more of a cyclical thing