Another CBA/Lockout Rant w/ No Answers

Guest idahophilly

I'm not sure why I'm bothering...

1) If the lockout goes beyond early December, I read the players will have lost more salary than they will gain for years by holding out for 2-3% less of a salary drop.

2) If the lockout goes beyond December the teams/owners will have lost more money than they will save in salary cuts for many years to come. (especially if the current contracts get gaurenteed)

3) The very teams that have caused the league financial problems (*disclaimer coming) and hence the true root problem of revenue sharing/escrow/propping up teams will be the very teams that will likely foldup within the next 3-4 years. They could have NOT propped up these teams and avoided most all of this...

So, now everyone is negotiating for just how much they lose rather than how much they could earn...

*disclaimer - League Finacial problems??? An extra 1+ billion dollars just last year alone than they were making when the last CBA ran out. I know that grew over the 7 years but do the math. I bet that's a cumulative 4-5 billion or so MORE over 7 years... But that's financial problems!?

And, when ever the NHL resumes, they better enjoy their NBC television contract because when it expires I can't see anyone touching the NHL with a ten foot pole, especially when NBC built a channel around them less than a year ago then to have this happen...

And, when ever the NHL resumes, they better enjoy their NBC television contract because when it expires I can't see anyone touching the NHL with a ten foot pole, especially when NBC built a channel around them less than a year ago then to have this happen...

Bingo!!!!

@idahophilly I'm thinking NBC was notified way ahead of time this lock-out would happen. Before the contract was signed, I'm sure it was revealed that there would be a really good chance of a work stoppage. I believe NBC signed the deal knowing this, factoring in the risk etc. At least thats how I see it.