NHL TALKS BREAK OFF AS REGULAR SEASON APPROACHES

Guest fan4ever

@hf101

Thanks for the articles, very interesting. I can't imagine that the league hasn't figured some of this out yet (or hasn't appeared to). I can certainly understand both the league and the players not wanting contraction but let's get real, some of these teams will never make any money and the enitre league is suffering from it. We tried it, it failed, let's fix it and move on. After that they can look at things a little more realistically. Parity is a great thing but means nothing when there is no season. :(

@fan4ever

What didn't help out the situation with the southern teams is the recession that the whole country is suffering through. I'm not in favor of eliminating those teams just because they will never be as profitable as the established teams in the north. Some of this just takes time to build.

I would like to see some mediation take place in these talks via an appointed neutral party. Sure the players can roll back some of the revenue profits to 50 /50 but I'd also like to see a luxury tax placed as well.

As I mentioned in another post. The players sure are more than willing to play for lesser pay as so many have quickly moved on to Europe. Seems rather ironic.

@hf101: That second article you posted was *very* interesting, and presented some information/ideas that I hadn't previously thought of. I may be wrong, but to me that illustrates even more that the league is trying to get the players to more or less pay for the mistakes of ownership. I honestly didn't realize that league parity had so much disparity. :huh: