Lavy Quote

Guest Digityman

I think our leadership has been excellent, and from there it comes down to competitiveness. We've got a good group in there that really works hard.

That's a really refreshing comment from Lavy.

One has to think that he was really struggling last year with the locker room based on the information that has slowly leaked out.

With the leadership in place - Pronger, Timonen, Briere, Talbot and a few others, I'm hoping this team doesn't go into the traditional funk of Dec - Feb.

One has to think that he was really struggling last year with the locker room based on the information that has slowly leaked out.

Yep, we never heard Lavy said anything positive about that last year. I don't think the new vetran leaders would let them get in a funk like that but we will find out soon. It's so refreshing to watch post game interviews this year with the players talking to the media instead of being pissy face or 1 word answers.

I don't think the new vetran leaders would let them get in a funk like that

I didn't think that they would let that happen last year either. The only additions are Jagr and Talbot in the leadership positions really. Although I can't say enough about Talbot - regardless of his recent scoring. I think the Talbot signing will go down as one of Homer's best overall.

That's a really refreshing comment from Lavy.

With the leadership in place - Pronger, Timonen, Briere, Talbot and a few others, I'm hoping this team doesn't go into the traditional funk of Dec - Feb.

I like to think of those as two different slumps: December, and spring. We're okay in January before the all star break.

I don't think the leadership is as much of a factor as team chemistry, and individual off-ice decisions. Players on an individual level need to be responsible for themselves, and to work together towards a common goal. A good leader can show the way, but it's still on the individuals to participate.

Funny how the discussions of leadership and chemistry are often intertwined. The two are related.

Are they really related? Could they be two different keys to success, such that a team might not get along with each other, but is willing to listen to one charismatic guy (leadership) OR a group of guys that get along with each other on the same level (chemistry)?

Obviously, both would be optimal.