Harry Z And Ben Holmstrom Called Up

Guest Digityman

I am confused to the extent of their injuries. I am pretty sure I saw Read play up the the last minute of the Cains game. The thing that strike me more is that they waited till Tuesday evening to announce his injury.

I am not trying to make more out of it than I have to, but it just seems odd that they are both out especially since Briere's injury was not supposed to be longer then a game.

Do you have any further insight into their injuries?

The NHL is way too quiet on injuries to players....

On a side note (nothing but pure speculation on my end), would you move Briere and Read for a solid #1 or #2 Defensemen?

Briere I read has a rib injury. And I'm not quite sure with Read. I also don't think briere will be traded, very easily with his NTC. Read either go that matter, we have just begun to see his upside.

Cool, thank you for the update HF. I was searching the net for a look as to what is going on with Danny B.

I actually like on this team too, a few years ago I couldn't stand him in the O&B, but after a few playoff runs he has grown on me.

Read alone will not get us much in my opinion. At least not a #1 or #2 D-man.

In any case, it is good to finally have the depth in the farm system to have call ups that can contribute.

Briere is injured. It's bad, he is monster as he is playing against Sabres.

Comcast stated this morning that Briere might play tomorrow. He is just dtd.

But I agree he does like playing against Buffalo,

Comcast stated this morning that Briere might play tomorrow. He is just dtd.

But I agree he does like playing against Buffalo,

I think he got whacked with a puck in his last game, and that's what the issue is/are. I remember at one point, he was doubled over after taking a shot/pass in the shoulder/back.

Edit**holy mary mother of allah...SHOT went thru. GD..a site that works properly!!!!!

Read tried a big hit on someone last game and ended up bouncing off him. Perhaps that is when he was injured?

hmmm, maybe that was it. As it stand I can't think of any other moment he could've gotten injured, unless it was during practice. If it happened during practice though I'm sure they would've specified.