What the Flyers & Leafs have in Common

idahophilly

Are Leafs & Flyers to Blame More Than Others?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are Leafs & Flyers to Blame More Than Others?

• Yes, they are among the most affluent teams and deserve much of the blame.
    • No, it's just perception.
    • Drop Nuclear Bombs on Both Cities!
    • Leave my Leafs alone! They have enough problems!
    • Leave my Flyers alone or we'll boo Santa again!

It just seems that as the lockout goes on I keep seeing a common thread among the blogs and commentators on the subject. In just about every news and blog outlet I go to it's almost always inevitable that I will see the Flyers and Leafs mentioned as 2 of the teams that are controling the other owners and Bettman. Sometimes they are the only ones. Are they really 2 of the puppetmasters, perhaps nearly the most powerful?

This would explain the hatred both teams garner from the rest of the league. Lets face it, the Flyers and Leafs are univeraly hated by most other fans. The Flyers and Leafs fans even hate each other with a passion seldom seen. For the Flyers it's usually a focus on the fans as nut cases and ownership throwing around huge contracts. Whether it be NBC or the hockey news or the hundreds of bloggers, the Flyers are hated. For the Leafs they get made fun of for their lack of making the playoffs since the last lockout. Jealousy? Not for missing the playoffs but rather for their sheer financial and ownership power.

And when a blogger or pundit has to pull out a poster child for the NHL/Owners share of the blame in the current lockout, look no further than the Flyers or Leafs. They are the favorite punching bags!

Take heart Flyers fans and Leaf fans, we have one thing in common. The rest of the league is just jealous.

It just seems that as the lockout goes on I keep seeing a common thread among the blogs and commentators on the subject. In just about every news and blog outlet I go to it's almost always inevitable that I will see the Flyers and Leafs mentioned as 2 of the teams that are controling the other owners and Bettman. Sometimes they are the only ones. Are they really 2 of the puppetmasters, perhaps nearly the most powerful?

This would explain the hatred both teams garner from the rest of the league. Lets face it, the Flyers and Leafs are univeraly hated by most other fans. The Flyers and Leafs fans even hate each other with a passion seldom seen. For the Flyers it's usually a focus on the fans as nut cases and ownership throwing around huge contracts. Whether it be NBC or the hockey news or the hundreds of bloggers, the Flyers are hated. For the Leafs they get made fun of for their lack of making the playoffs since the last lockout. Jealousy? Not for missing the playoffs but rather for their sheer financial and ownership power.

And when a blogger or pundit has to pull out a poster child for the NHL/Owners share of the blame in the current lockout, look no further than the Flyers or Leafs. They are the favorite punching bags!

Take heart Flyers fans and Leaf fans, we have one thing in common. The rest of the league is just jealous.

I don't want Philly nuked... Fumigated maybe but not nuked. ;). And why would anyone be jealous of these two franchises? All that money has added up to how many Cups in the past 35 years or so?? Nah... People hate the Flyers for a few reasons, I don't see jealousy as one of them :D

Seriously, now, do we think that Katz in Edmonton can be "controlled" by MLSE? That Jeremy Jacobs is intimidated by Gary Bettman? Mike Illitch? Rocky Wirtz? The Molsons?

You might convince me that someone like Terry Pegula - a lifelong Sabres fan who was pretty outright in say he was going to spend money to build a team and not worry about "losing money on hockey operations" - might want to get the Sabres on the ice in Buffao. I simply don't believe there are 22 other Terry Pegulas right now.

http://icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_NHL_Owners

• Like 1

I don't want Philly nuked... Fumigated maybe but not nuked.

That would be one big canister but if any city could do it, it would be Philly...

Besides, as you can tell by my poll, it's somewhat tongue in cheek though no can deny the universal hate towards both teams. Why??? That can be debated from now to dooms day...