Could "Bryzo" go on waivers a third time?

Guest The Quigster

What's going to be a real good measure now is how they bounce back after the Saturday loss. This Colorado game is huge. Probably a good opponent to get back some measure of confidence. This game will be telling.

All that said, I agree with Flyercanuck's last post. The forwards have been great. Despite the fact half are rookies. Losing Couturier hurts. The D has been spotty, bu t again, that's ok because half are rookies. I've expected tons more from Bryz. But I've liked Bob's play.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But if what you say is true, how does the scouting staff not pick up on this? I mean, maybe say to Homer "Look, I know the old guy basically told you to get Bryz, but don't do 9 years, you'll regret it... do 2-3 and leave it at that. If he won't sign, move on because he's not that type of goalie."

Because it wasn't Homer's initiative, it was Snider's. When Big Ed says "jump", you say "into the frying pan or into the fire?"

Because it wasn't Homer's initiative, it was Snider's. When Big Ed says "jump", you say "into the frying pan or into the fire?"

I know it's not popular to bash on Mr. Snider, but this does seem to be his call.

You can't entirely blame Homer for making an offer to a player he was told to acquire.

You can't entirely blame Bryzgalov for signing the deal he was offered.

You also can't assume that scouts/Homer/etc. didn't bring up these potential pitfalls to Mr. Snider when discussing the deal.

You can blame the guy who told Homer that the deal had to be done.

Ed put all his money on #30 - orange and we're hoping that number hits before his is up.

wow, reading some of these posts you might think we haven't won in 10 games. I'm ecstatic being in the position we're at right now, I was ready to write this entire season off while the new kids got adjusted. But we're COMPETING here! We're right there with the top teams, surprisingly. We're more of a run and gun type team so far this season, and yeah we're going to have some defensive breakdowns.

I know I don't get it, we lose to Boston with a depleted line up and everyone wants Bryz put on waivers. Yes he had a bad game, but he didn't have a lot of help either, it happens. Heck Boston lost to Ottawa last week and I didn't see Thomas on waivers after that game.

@wcflyer

Well the difference might be that (1) Thomas won them a cup (2) won the Conn Smythe to go with it (3) .943 compared to .896 (4) 1.82 compared to 2.92 (5) less cap hit and (6) signed to a "normal" length contract.

But Bryz is a better interview so we always have that.

Edited by flyercanuck

Yes we're still winning, but it's because we're the highest scoring team in the league.

that's the part that scares me. I don't know how much longer they will be able to keep up the pace they've maintained so far and I'd hate to think the only way they can win is by putting up that number of goals every game. You have to be able to win low scoring games too.

@wcflyer

Well the difference might be that (1) Thomas won them a cup (2) won the Conn Smythe to go with it (3) .943 compared to .896 (4) 1.82 compared to 2.92 (5) less cap hit and (6) signed to a "normal" length contract.

But Bryz is a better interview so we always have that.

FC, I'm not crazy about the length of Bryz's contract, a shorter term and less money would have been nice, but it is what it is. But it says right in Philly's dressing room, " It's not about the name on the back, it's about the crest on the front" Compared to last season, we are ahead of pace with Bryz/Bobvrosky tandem rather than a Boucher/ Leighton/Bobvrosky tandem, worse invidual numbers maybe, but I'm going to wait until we are healthy or close to before I start complaining about Bryz's play.