Why Russians Hate Columbus

idahophilly

This one is funny!

Matthew Barry

from hockeybuzz

Andrei Kostytsyn Doesn't Like North America?

Well, look at it from HIS point of view.

You're from Russia, you land in an airport. You see Michelle Bachman on the TV.

'Nuff said.

You settle in, you drive around, you stop into a Wal-Mart because you don't know any better. You are greeted by someone who looks like they're wearing a wicked witch of the west halloween mask, but it's June, and its not a mask. It's like a house of horrors in there, isn't it?

He states that Columbus is the gloomiest city in America? Really? I think something got lost in translation here. I mean, Detroit? Newark?

I think what he meant to say was, "After coming over from Montreal, where the nightlife is plentiful, the women are beautiful and loose... I run into Columbus, where the women get on a scale and it reads, "One at a time please", and the only way I can get a drink after 8pm is to order a limo (thank you Sam Kinison). I mean, do you know ANYONE who has married a woman from Columbus? THAT'S what he means by "gloomy."

“I couldn’t get used to (American) mentality. They are totally different people from us,” Okay, so it's not like American's are something out of a Steven Spielberg alien movie, but can you imagine living in Russia and running into the likes of a Russian hillbilly? And I can only imagine being a Russian, turning on the TV and having to try and decipher what the hell Sarah Palin was trying to communicate. For crying out loud, this is a country that embraces the likes of Honey Boo Boo and the Octomom.

Yet Another Ass Threatening to Stay in Russia

I'll give anyone, I mean anyone 1,000 to 1 odds on a hundred dollar bet that Ilya Koval-choke will not be staying in Russia when the lockout is over. He's making 11 million dollars cash and COMPLAINING? Tell that to the guy who bags your fries next time you're at the drive thru. Tell that to the guy who towels off your Ferrari and has to politely smile as you give him a buck for the honor.

I'm praying some redneck in the state department somehow manages to lose his and Ovechkin's visa applications. Imagine if we said this crap about Russia? How fast would our passports be revoked? Remember last year when Kevin Dallman's wife spoke out about the unbelievable abuse in Russia? Their most popular import player was on a plane back to Beantown so fast, he didn't even know what hit him.

Why do we put up with this crap?

And where's Tim Thomas' big mouth when you need it? Why isn't he standing up for America?

And where's Brendan Shanahan?

And Don Cherry! Where's his piano playing big mouth blasting these ungrateful Russians?

Where is ANY North American's reaction to these asinine quotes? There's got to be ONE dude to flame on these guys? Where's J.R.? Where's Ray Ferraro? Sean Avery's GOT to come up with something even dumber to say!

I demand retaliation!

Columbus may not be a hockey hot bed per se, but it isn't the gloomiest city in North America, I reserve that for Chester City Pennsylvania or Camden New Jersey, or Wilmington Delaware. The irony here is the dude plays in Siberia, SIBERIA for crying out loud!!! Though I have never ventured to Siberia, I am going to assume it is a little worse off than Columbus, Ohio, United States of America.

This:

imagessoviet-housing-3-small.jpg

Versus

tumblr_m1gziljGTc1qju235o1_500.jpg

Ehh, it's a wash.

If the Russians think Columbus is bad, wait till they have to play and live with the Pabst Blue Ribbon drinking, skinny jean wearing, faded flannel donning, hipster douchebags in Brooklyn. Then again there always is Brighton Beach, so I am sure they'll feel right at home....

Sorry Brooklyn, but I represent the (215) and still think you are the worst borough of the five in NYC.

Hard stop.....

end rant

hipsters-pbr.jpg

Edited by Bertmega
  • Like 1

I live about an hour north of Columbus, (life long Wings fan) and after watching the way the russian players have screwed the jackets over by lack of effort, apathy on the ice, I would say it is fair to feel that Columbus hates the russians as well, with a lot more reason.....

• Like 2

I live about an hour north of Columbus, (life long Wings fan) and after watching the way the russian players have screwed the jackets over by lack of effort, apathy on the ice, I would say it is fair to feel that Columbus hates the russians as well, with a lot more reason.....

Well you can't argue with the truth.

If they feel like that about the Russians because of Zherdev and Filatov, imagine what they feel about Canadians: Leclaire, Nash, Picard, Brule, Brassard. Of those, I think we can agree on Nash being the only diamond in that rough and he ran out on the franchise.

If anything, the QMJHL has really let the fans down more than the Russians.

Then there was that skulking Jeff Crater who management dealt the only guy who showed real promise outside of Nash (Voracek) to acquire!

C'mon rad-Nash ran out on the franchise? The guy gave them 10 years. In that time they failed to give him hardly anything to play with despite picking in the top 10, heck top 8 most of those years. They either had no clue how to draft or how to develop. I think I'd be more critical of him if he was satisfied playing in that hockey black hole any longer.

We're going to dread facing him with the Rangers. He's one of the best players in the world, and I'd guess he'll be highly motivated finally playing for a good team (if there ever is hockey)

@Vanflyer Obviously a joke on your part, but crack dealers are true scum of the earth. They take parents away from their children, children robbed of their childhoods, never being able to have a new pair of shoes etc....it's sickening. Of course, not all the dealers fault, somebody has to use it....right? But, they give the users the means to do so...the prision sentences are not strong enough in Canada...I believe it's 3 strikes and you're out in a lot of US States right?

@Vanflyer Obviouslyl a joke on your part, but crack dealers are true scum of the earth. They take parents away from their children, children robbed of their childhoods, never being able to have a new pair of shoes etc....it's sickening. Of course, not all the dealers fault, somebody has to use it....right? But, they give the users the means to do so...the prision sentences are not strong enough in Canada...I believe it's 3 strikes and you're out in a lot of US States right?

The drug thing is definitely a mammoth problem. The problem is that it is a disease and putting people in prison does not really help (unless they have associated violent problems as well). There needs to be greater treatment center infrastructure in both countries and at an affordable rate.