Why Russians Hate Columbus

idahophilly

For the addicts yes, but not for the dealers....the scum that seek to make profit off of others misery should pay a HEAVY price in prision, having said that, pot should be legal....ha ha!

I lived in the netherlands for awhile. While there is no perfect solution, there solution seemed much more humane and civilized while removing a large portion of the organized crime aspect (not entirely of course). I agree that the pushers should get stiff penalized. I am not sure about the legalization of Marijuana- considering today's high octane brands.

I lived in the netherlands for awhile. While there is no perfect solution, there solution seemed much more humane and civilized while removing a large portion of the organized crime aspect (not entirely of course). I agree that the pushers should get stiff penalized. I am not sure about the legalization of Marijuana- considering today's high octane brands.

How about the chemical changes and additions they make to tobacco?

• Like 1

lol, the tax ramifications are mind boggling...ha ha!

Yet, if you look at all the dollars spent to prevent, fight, etc., it is confounding to the mind. I get the pusher part. Yet with some legalization- that dissapatates some what quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

You could say that about all drugs really.

But cannabis has many beneficial health effects and I would not put it in the same classification as cocaine or some of the other concoctions that pass for "drugs" today. Also the plus of taxes made on and the money NOT spent on useless enforcement of poor laws wold be a huge boon for the country in general.

This is coming from a Non Smoker whose drug of choice is beer......

I would agree with that to some extent. It is interesting to see a state like Colorado which is notoriously conservative, pass a recreational marijuana bill. That says allot. For me, there has to be restrictions in operating a vehicle. The strength of some of the marijuana made today is pretty astounding as compared to 30 years ago. I do not partake, but have friends that do and when I watch them they turn into marshmellows for a while. They function, but certainly not of the ability operate machinery.

• 3 weeks later...

“I couldn’t get used to (American) mentality. They are totally different people from us,”

The ONLY thing in that entire article that the Russian apparently actually said. All of the asinine quotes were from the writer himself (and Sam Kinison).

Pretend for a moment that the "gloomiest city" line was actually said. If he meant of the NHL cities to live in, only Newark really challenges. But at least from Newark it's a 20-30 minute ride by car or train into Manhattan...Party. A 20-30 minute ride from Columbus gets you...wait, what the hell does it get you?

The other difference is that in Newark, they win occasionally and always compete (Riddle me this: if a hockey team wins occasionally and always competes, but no one is there to hear it, did they make a sound doing it?). But Columbus never does anything but shoot itself in the ass.

Maybe he meant "gloomiest team?"

In any case, he apparently said "America." It's not like he said gloomiest city "in the world." Gotta figure that's Hamilton, Ontario. They're on what, strike 7 on getting an NHL team?

It was a funny read up until the end.

A 20-30 minute ride from Columbus gets you...wait, what the hell does it get you?

I don't really know the geography of central Ohio, but it could presumably get you a pasture of sheep, depending on the direction. I'm thinking maybe west would be best for sheep.

• 2 months later...