Goaltending

Guest LeafSuck16

have you noticed bryzgalov has his worst games following bob's starts?

just saying.

That is why they should have kept rolling the hot hand in Bryz, instead they cooled him off.

The team in front of him played horrible too but they shouldn't have rested Bryz.

Oh well maybe Bryz has a concussion from blocking that shot the other night off the dome. ;)

well, bob's gonna need to get starts now and then, last game seemed like as good a time as any. bryzgalov is going to have to figure out how to take a game off and not melt down. my point was in response to the people calling for a tandam, going start for start. that just ensures we see bryzgalov at his worst every other night.

Edited by aziz

That is why they should have kept rolling the hot hand in Bryz, instead they cooled him off.

The team in front of him played horrible too but they shouldn't have rested Bryz.

Oh well maybe Bryz has a concussion from blocking that shot the other night off the dome. ;)

Hot hand? Sorry, I haven't seen it yet. I've seen him make a couple of good saves in a few games. I've seen him let in way more soft goals. Honestly, I see zero improvement in net this yet.

Hot hand? Sorry, I haven't seen it yet. I've seen him make a couple of good saves in a few games. I've seen him let in way more soft goals. Honestly, I see zero improvement in net this yet.

Yeah, I don't know about hot hand either. Bryz cannot play 82 + playoffs, so he needs to figure sh!t out regardless.

Bob has let in some soft goals but not as many as Bryz has at this point. Bryz needs to learn how to stay focused.Too many times he is watching the game on the ice and then he is like a dog seeing a SQUIRREL!!! and stops paying attention to what is transpiring in front of him...

He won 6 in a row and was rested when he really hasn't had a rough work load, he's the type of goaltender that has to play a lot.

There was a day off between games so really no need to rest him, but they did and it had something to do with taking him out of his rhythm.

Or maybe it was just him think about the universe while out on the ice...the team in front of him was certainly lost in space...he was maybe driving the ship.

I really think Lavi is still tying to find out what motivates Bryz (or makes him tick, for lack of a better phrase). For the better of the team, he may have to switch to a win and you're in scenario....even on back to backs....wanna play?...stand on your head or you are out....no pouting will help. This will obviously hinder Bob at some point, and not keep him fresh, but it looks more and more like Bryz should not be taken out during a hot streak.

I really think Lavi is still tying to find out what motivates Bryz (or makes him tick, for lack of a better phrase). For the better of the team, he may have to switch to a win and you're in scenario....even on back to backs....wanna play?...stand on your head or you are out....no pouting will help. This will obviously hinder Bob at some point, and not keep him fresh, but it looks more and more like Bryz should not be taken out during a hot streak.

"but it looks more and more like Bryz should not be taken out during a hot streak"

That is all i'm saying i'm not saying he was setting the NHL on fire just the fact that they were winning and his workload with a day off between games is just inside Bryz's wheelhouse...or suppose to be.

I would only rest him in back to back games or when he looks like he needs a rest.

Which was neither the case. He was well rested.

Jammer this KaptnRich from the old board. Just changed names here.

OT where has Wellwood been i haven't noticed him on the Phantom scorecard in awhile. He must be injured?

He won 6 in a row and was rested when he really hasn't had a rough work load, he's the type of goaltender that has to play a lot.

There was a day off between games so really no need to rest him, but they did and it had something to do with taking him out of his rhythm.

Or maybe it was just him think about the universe while out on the ice...the team in front of him was certainly lost in space...he was maybe driving the ship.

Won six in a row when we have to out score the other team. How many games did we have to come from behind to win? Not gonna win many games that way, he needs to come out strong and finish strong. now is the time he needs to step up and carry the team not the other way around.

That's what I'm seeing too, which is why I have no confidence that he can carry this team. Bob is outplaying him even tho he played in less games. People just looking at the wins and are happy with it instead of seeing how illyuck hasn't played like he is suppose to.

@Vincent05

the only game i thought he played like a 51 million dollar man was the recent win vs the Pens he stood tall in the 3rd particularly . they brought the house and he made some MAF type saves.... he has it him. i'd like to see more of that kind of play from him, the ability is there , the clown just needs to be better focused. how do you coach , coax that ?

@Vincent05

the only game i thought he played like a 51 million dollar man was the recent win vs the Pens he stood tall in the 3rd particularly . they brought the house and he made some MAF type saves.... he has it him. i'd like to see more of that kind of play from him, the ability is there , the clown just needs to be better focused. how do you coach , coax that ?

I agree on the Pens game that he won it for us but we need more consistent play regulary. Maybe he should shut his yapping mouth and concentrate on stopping pucks.

@Vincent05

You don't, he is a flake. It's not like he is Carey Price, where the sky is the limit with his potential.

I hate to be a voice of negativity, but it's becomeing clearer and clearer by day that Bryz is not the savior we were hoping he would be. Snider panicked and ordered Homer to get a goalie. A good cause, but problem is, there didn't happen to be a real #1 stud free agent golaie available so Homer had to settle for whoever was available.

I hate to be a voice of negativity, but it's becomeing clearer and clearer by day that Bryz is not the savior we were hoping he would be. Snider panicked and ordered Homer to get a goalie. A good cause, but problem is, there didn't happen to be a real #1 stud free agent golaie available so Homer had to settle for whoever was available.

All of these long term deals have been typical Flyer overreaaching.

This organization appears to start contract negotiations with a free agent that they covet by offering the best possible deal they can come up with.

The fact that this is their default STARTING position weakens them considerably. It also explains the Shelley Situation.

I like Bryzgalov, but think he has some flaws that are compensated by a solid defense. That said, the length and size of this contract is, quite frankly, inexcusable. The only thing I can think is that they will eventually waive him, he will refuse assignment and play KHL.

To an extent, this could be Homer sticking it to the NHL for the Pronger contract SNAFU.

@radoran

I see a pretty ugly ending to this marriage, myself. I really, REALLY want to be wrong here, but having seen Bryzgalov's play, my prediction is that he will implode in the playoffs, Laviolette will flip flop him and Bob, and with the team desperately needing a cap relief, he will be waved over the summer or during the training camp of 2012, and God only knows what will happen from there on, but I just can't see a happy ending to this. The best-case scenario is that maybe somehow, miraculously, they would be able to actually trade him, but I just can't see a team foolish enough to take on his ludicrous contract. But I am not sure if he has a NTC and NMC built into his contract, in which case he would have to wave those.

The Flyers *will* realize - if they haven't already - that he is not much of an upgrade over Bob and will try to right the mistake they made by trying to get rid of him at whatever cost they can.

This has a boiling mess written all over it.

Edited by Mad Dog

Per Capgeek, Bryz has an NMC, so you can't even waive him. Unless he ever agrees to a trade or being waived (can't really ever see that happening), the Flyers are stuck with him for 9 years unless he goes on LTIR or retires.

From the moment he signed, I knew there was no way in hell he would play 9 years in Philly. It might be 1, 2 or even 5 seasons, but not 9. Just like Kovalchuk will not play 15 years in NJ. These contracts are designed to circumvent the cap, and nothing less.

We just screw ourselves by giving them NMCs.