Bryzgalov in Moscow: More of the same?

brelic

@brelic On the bright side, any win the owners get would mean reduced salary, which would mean reduced cap, which in turn would have to include a buy out clause...I would think. Bryz is not doing himself any favours with his play in a VERY weak league. A league where Scott Munroe is a star for God's sake!!! This is laughable!!

Most reports I have seen have no buyout or amnesty clause in them - another poison pill for loophole seeking owners.

Given that CSKA has two goalies already - and we've not been reporting which of the other two got scratched in Bryz's outings - this does seem a tad overblown.

This can also easily be seen as preseason for Bryz - who didn't get a preseason.

And, yesit's another example of how screwed up the decision to give him that mammoth, loophole-seeking contract was by Flyers ownership.

Most reports I have seen have no buyout or amnesty clause in them - another poison pill for loophole seeking owners.

Given that CSKA has two goalies already - and we've not been reporting which of the other two got scratched in Bryz's outings - this does seem a tad overblown.

This can also easily be seen as preseason for Bryz - who didn't get a preseason.

And, yesit's another example of how screwed up the decision to give him that mammoth, loophole-seeking contract was by Flyers ownership.

Quit being so diplomatic. He blows ;)

• Like 1

He can't get any regular playing time so he is rusty. He hasn't even had what we would call a pre-season. 4 games spread over a month...

You know, why can't *he* be the guy who says he will stay in Russia???

:P

As a side note, Kovy has like 23 pts in 11 games (OV is averaging a point per game), and Radulov leads the KHL.

He can't get any regular playing time so he is rusty. He hasn't even had what we would call a pre-season. 4 games spread over a month...

Meanwhile, the top 7 rated goalies in the KHL have all played 3 games or less, with another 4 in the top 20 playing less than 10 games.

http://en.khl.ru/stat/players/222/

It's facinating to me how you just HINT at saying something nice about Bryz and it's like a lightning rod!

Let me try this...

I love the way Bryz loves his dog! He is the anti Vick!

(see what I did there? - double lightning rod)

Bryz is an excellent dog owner. (See, I give credit where it's due.)

Bryz is an excellent dog owner. (See, I give credit where it's due.)

There I fixed it for you :D

P.S. I wonder if now that he is back in Russia if "the shirt" is back in the rotation! (see below)

djdzp.jpg?w=614

Edited by Poulin20

It's facinating to me how you just HINT at saying something nice about Bryz and it's like a lightning rod!

Let me try this...

I love the way Bryz loves his dog! He is the anti Vick!

(see what I did there? - double lightning rod)

Please don't say it's a blue-eyed Husky...

Quit being so diplomatic. He blows ;)

I aint being diplomatic - im focusing my rage on the people that brought him here, gave him that contract and are now saying we cant have hockey because morons gave players like bryzgalov contracts like that.

Oh lord. Much more of this - .887 with 1 win in 4 starts - and nobody is going to want Bryzgalov playing for them.

EIGHT EIGHT SEVEN - in a mickey-mouse league like that. Holy crap.

Okay it's his "preseason." Fine. But who the hell wants to see their goalie put up .887 even in preseason? God he sucks.

But he's kind to his dog so that's something I guess.

I aint being diplomatic - im focusing my rage on the people that brought him here, gave him that contract and are now saying we cant have hockey because morons gave players like bryzgalov contracts like that.

If you are going to make circular arguements we are gonna wind up just going in circles...

Oh lord. Much more of this - .887 with 1 win in 4 starts - and nobody is going to want Bryzgalov playing for them.

EIGHT EIGHT SEVEN - in a mickey-mouse league like that. Holy crap.

Okay it's his "preseason." Fine. But who the hell wants to see their goalie put up .887 even in preseason? God he sucks.

But he's kind to his dog so that's something I guess.

Have you bought a hockey ticket (NHL) this year? ???????????????????????????

If you are going to make circular arguements we are gonna wind up just going in circles...

My arguments go from point a to point c, bypassing point b which is a place equidistant between points a and c which no one would really want to go to anyway

I was just messing with you. I couldn't agree more. We can blame Bryz for his play on the ice, but SNider is the moron who signed him forever.

@brelic

Snider is an idiot for signing him. But bryz is the one cashing those checks and playing stretches of games where it looks like he's never played hockey before in his life. I didn't like the signing from day 1. But if he played decent goal it wouldn't seem like the next decade may as well not even be played as a Flyer fan..

@brelic

Snider is an idiot for signing him. But bryz is the one cashing those checks and playing stretches of games where it looks like he's never played hockey before in his life. I didn't like the signing from day 1. But if he played decent goal it wouldn't seem like the next decade may as well not even be played as a Flyer fan..

All true, but the value of any player's contract doesn't mean he will magically play at a 'higher' level. I think most of us feared that he was a product of a tight defensive system, and that seemed to be evident last year with our run and gun style. Bryz is Bryz, regardless of what you pay him.

• Like 1

Some of us figured he was being overpaid from the start. But there's not many goalies in the history of the NHL who have had that "deer in the headlights" look after so many goals as Bryz did last year. Throw in his horrible puckhandling, his cluelessness to where the play is, slow reaction time...I never expected Marty Brodeur in net. I just expected better than Marty Feldman in there.