Sorry Son.....

Puckblocker

That's a tough road to hoe. I think as fans we're all pretty much sick of lockouts. But at least we can sort of understand them.

Welcome to the board. (oh, and I think as Flyer fans most of us thought your username should have been already been grabbed by one of us)

• Like 1

Welcome to HockeyForums

Thank you for that meaningful, Sunday morning read. I needed a tissue though. My own selfish desires for wanting the season to start can't compare to wanting it now more for Michael.

Hopefully Bettman and Fehr keep talking and come to terms soon. It is only money that is the difference, maybe if each decides to want a little less of it we can have a season starting Dec 1. I have the Sunday Jan 20 game circled on my calendar to look for Michael.

Surprised you didn't choose thesieve49 ??

• Like 1

Great read, welcome to the board. I have a younger brother who is autistic, he doesn't like hockey as much as your son, but trust me, I know that when an autistic person likes something.. they REALLY like something. Hopefully this lock out ends soon and you guys can spend some more quality time together.

Welcome, again.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing that with us all.

I will not lie being a father i had tears in my eyes reading that.

My little girl turned 1 and half yesterday.

I miss hockey but it's just more time i can spend with the family...it will come back soon, when i won't try to guess.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Puckblocker

I am not sure how I missed your post initially, but I just read it now. Extremely eloquently written. My wife is foreign and only knows a little bit of English. She asked why I had "moist eyes". I tried to explain to her autism, but she does not fully understand. I would take your note and blow it up to a 8' x 10' poster and hang it on the wall of the "negotiations". Because at the end of the day, it is the fans that are suffering and one particularly (your son), more than probably most others.

God speed.

VF