Lucic to have phone hearing with Shanahan

Guest hf101

It will be interesting to see what Shanny gives. Lucic has received one prior one game suspension.

Dude- If you scroll down after the Lucic article, you will see the best part about that page:

"Giroux returns to practice for some "pushing / shoving"

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/18/giroux-returns-to-flyers-practice-does-a-little-pushing-and-shoving/

Dude- If you scroll down after the Lucic article, you will see the best part about that page:

"Giroux returns to practice for some "pushing / shoving"

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/18/giroux-returns-to-flyers-practice-does-a-little-pushing-and-shoving/

yes, and at the time I posted around 3:00pm about Lucic, that article wasn't posted to NBCsports yet. (3:55pm)

..........just sayin

.....then again that is great news.....hopefully G's symptoms have completely subsided

@Vanflyer

Lucic is a bad apple. He's a mean but cute player who is clever enough to get away with a lot of stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if it were an "I'm watching you" meeting in which he warns Lucic that he isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt again.

Lucic is a bad apple. He's a mean but cute player who is clever enough to get away with a lot of stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if it were an "I'm watching you" meeting in which he warns Lucic that he isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt again.

Hi Terp-

I agree with the "i am watching you sentiment". There are few things that account into this IMO.

1) Many teams think that Bruins are getting away with allot of fouls that are uncalled.

2) Lucic is a prior offender (though I agree with FC that the justice served on ice was fair and appropriate)

If Lucic played for us, we would be crazy in love with him. He is kind of a mix between Tocchet and ??? (Lindros is much to giving)

Lucic is a mean bastard with a scoring touch...reminds me of a guy named Dale Hunter. The reason he got off light is the fact that Rinaldo was well enough after the boarding to get up and fight. If Rinaldo was hurt, Shanahan would have needed to take a different approach. Looking through my Orange tinted glasses, If the shoe was on the other foot, Rinaldo would have got 5 for being a Flyer...akin to the roughing penalty that Talbot got called for by Auger the other night.

Was he given a suspension? Wasn't the hearing yesterday?

I liked the way Rinaldo went after Horton after he got up.

Not sure, with this following directly on the heels of the Cole incident(which I confused my initial remark with) , he might get a game....wearing the B on his sweater will probably just land him a fine though....the fact that Rinaldo got up and fought Horton directly after it meant he was not injured and that should temper the severity of the punishment.