Claude Giroux - Top 10 on TSN

Guest brelic

@Polaris922

there was Steckle's elbow in the classic that caused a concussion, and you're saying that a week later when he came back and took that non-hit along the boards, that injury was not a concussion but an undiagnosed spine injury ? they're your team , you pay attention to them far better than i, i thought the neck business was a third and separate injury all together. they're you guys you know what's going on, sorry to have been operating with incorrect data.

@Polaris922

there was Steckle's elbow in the classic that caused a concussion, and you're saying that a week later when he came back and took that non-hit along the boards, that injury was not a concussion but an undiagnosed spine injury ? they're your team , you pay attention to them far better than i, i thought the neck business was a third and separate injury all together. they're you guys you know what's going on, sorry to have been operating with incorrect data.

The way it was reported here was the Steckel hit caused a concussion but it was not properly recognized at the time. Then the Hedman check into the glass magnified the still present concussion effects and induced a soft tissue injury to the neck and spine. So then they had the concussion to deal with but did not recognize the soft tissue injury until he tried his first comeback and was still suffering symptoms. That's when he sat out and they treated the neck injury. So we were told anyway...

Except for explcitly saying that when he's on the ice he's one of the best in the game, I'm not sure what else you need said.

Don't need anything said. When people leave him off a list of top players in the league I think their lists lose credibility is all. And I think the injury excuse is malarkey until a guy is back out. Now if someone were saying "You can build a team of any three forwards you want and they're yours for the season" I could buy into the injury concerns. I'm gonna make that happen if the season looks like it may happen. Everyone chooses their top five and using a point system we compare all season long.

Don't need anything said. When people leave him off a list of top players in the league I think their lists lose credibility is all. And I think the injury excuse is malarkey until a guy is back out. Now if someone were saying "You can build a team of any three forwards you want and they're yours for the season" I could buy into the injury concerns. I'm gonna make that happen if the season looks like it may happen. Everyone chooses their top five and using a point system we compare all season long.

Credibility? You gotta be kidding me! We're all just fans that enjoy hockey. You think Crosby and Malkin are top 3 all around players, and I don't. You don't think injury history is a legitimate factor, and I do. At the end of the day, who cares?? We don't have any money or vested interest in it... so it's all just noise to pass the time.

The "injury excuse" is a perfefctly reasonable way to evaluate a players' affect upon the league.

Anything else is homerism.

And I said the same thing about Lindros, Primeau and Pronger.

Can you?

@radoran

@brelic

Homerism putting arguably the best player in the world in my top 5 and defending why? Lol. I think you guys misinterpret my posts as being upset somehow. I'm just debating the point. I like the debates because it makes me look at other people's views harder.

Like right now I'm wondering... If Crosby isn't on a list because he had a concussion and neck injury, considering recent events, where does Giroux stand now? I didn't realize he'd had concussion issues before. I sincerely hope this isn't a sign for him.

The cynic in me asks... Does he stay on your lists? ;)

Crosby is on my list.

Was. Is. Has been.

Maybe we need to remove the sand from...

Oh, wait

The list comment was for @brelic bud not you. I simply added you to the post because you joined the convo about it. The injury history reasoning was his and got me talking with him about it is all.

@radoran

@brelic

Homerism putting arguably the best player in the world in my top 5 and defending why? Lol. I think you guys misinterpret my posts as being upset somehow. I'm just debating the point. I like the debates because it makes me look at other people's views harder.

Like right now I'm wondering... If Crosby isn't on a list because he had a concussion and neck injury, considering recent events, where does Giroux stand now? I didn't realize he'd had concussion issues before. I sincerely hope this isn't a sign for him.

The cynic in me asks... Does he stay on your lists? ;)

That's a fair question, and we'll have to see the extent of his injury. His concussion was scary too, and it had me really worried. The entire time, I was thinking of the Crosby situation.

You make it sound like there's a vendetta against Crosby. My 'list', which is super official, would have Crosby again if he goes through a season concussion-free. People don't like him for 'personality' reasons, not because of his talent. Of course, that's another discussion entirely :)

That's a fair question, and we'll have to see the extent of his injury. His concussion was scary too, and it had me really worried. The entire time, I was thinking of the Crosby situation.

You make it sound like there's a vendetta against Crosby. My 'list', which is super official, would have Crosby again if he goes through a season concussion-free. People don't like him for 'personality' reasons, not because of his talent. Of course, that's another discussion entirely :)/>/>

Super official. Lol. Just debating the point bud. Hate to see G out like that though. Happy turkey day even in New Brunswick!

Edited by Polaris922

@Polaris922 I might have made my best ever Turkey today....just awesome! Even the Gravy turned out ok....the downside is just my girlfriend and I were around to eat it, nobody else here considers it Thanksgiving....kinda cool to have 2 of them....but I count the American one as the real one.

• Like 1