Let's have a meeting!

Guest idahophilly

Is this normal?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Is this business as usual or some weird event?

• Yes, it's normal.
    • No, we have entered into some weird irrational standoff.
    • Who gives a rats arse?
    • It's a sign of the pending apocalypse
    • Bettman and Fehr are just media whores
    • Fehr is on "the take" from the KHL to keep NHL players in Europe
    • Bettman is enjoying the late night dinners w/ Crosby, hence no deal

Has the insanity just gone to the next level for the NHL? I know there are bigger issues, like the Gaza strip, the fiscal cliff ect...

Travis Yost reports ( http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travis-Yost/You-Wont-Believe-the-NHLs-Latest-Proposal/134/47534 ) that the NHL wants a 2 week break in negotiations but they have to have a meeting tomorrow to decide if they will have more meetings? :unsure:

And other articles sound like the players are nuts. Well.... maybe they are but maybe they are just at the point where they are saying no more. And somewhere else a bunch of petulant owners are doing their best "valley girl" imitations saying "like , you gotta be kidding me, the players are really saying no. That's not a totally cool thing.".

But the owners are the ones who OWN the frickin business so they have equal say also. Hence the problem eh?

And mean while, all the season ticket holders from all 30 teams just go ahead and let the teams keep their money. I have heard the arguments why. "it takes forever to get on the list or it took me a decade to get the better seats"...

Folks, you get what you pay for. You get back the effort you put into an issue. Look at our goverments alone! The lesson is there to be learned. But nooooooo! Everyone is gonna keep their tickets for their own reasons but ***** and moan that it's the little guys who get screwed.

Well, I know what I have paid for and the effort in caring about it. And I sure know what I have gotten back.

@idahophilly This has me furious Ids. Outragous they should be taking a break like this. The lack of urgency is appauling. So many people losing thier businesses, the poor bar owners who need NHL hockey to fill their seats...and these donkies casually toss away a few weeks...as hundreds lose their life dreams.....sickening...absolutley revolting. I'm getting more pissed with each passing second!!!!!!

Well, i have only heard this from travis yost but it sounds pretty solid. That's why i kinda flipped out. I mean "you gotta be kidding me?! We are talking entire franchises, players who may never play again, billions of OUR dollars, and all the people who depend on the NHL games and how many of those business's will be lost and jobs". AND THEIR RESPONSE IS TO TAKE TWO WEEKS OFF????????

F them! Every time i think I'm at the point i don't care anymore they seem to find a new gear for me!!!! So, I'll down shift once again.

• Like 1

Okay.. bringing up the season ticket thing again, there's been a lot of talk. Has anybody cancelled their season tickets and dropped out???

Not to single you out personally Polaris but has you stance changed on Season tickets? I only ask because at the beginning you were very adamant about not giving them up. It certainly seems as if Bettman is using that fact as a tool in the negotiations......

Not to single you out personally Polaris but has you stance changed on Season tickets? I only ask because at the beginning you were very adamant about not giving them up. It certainly seems as if Bettman is using that fact as a tool in the negotiations......

Not at all. I'm wondering how many people here who spoke to strongly earlier that they would give them up actually have. Season ticket holders, half, whole, or otherwise.