Update: Giroux listed as 'day to day'; could play Wednesday

Guest Vanflyer

@canolli

The sensorship was put in place to boost google ratings for this site's profile.

really? Hmm. And Digi cares about google's ratings? Interesting. I guess there must be some sense in it...I'm pretty ignorant of web admin stuff.

Well like I said, no biggie...

http://www.philly.co...-in-Dallas.html

DALLAS _ Claude Giroux didn’t rule out the possibility of returning to the lineup Wednesday night in Dallas.

The Flyers’ star center had been sidelined with a concussion since Dec. 10 and has missed the last four games.

Speaking to reporters after Tuesday’s practice at the American Airlines Arena, Giroux said he didn’t have any problems, and that “if it keeps feeling better and better,” he would probably be in the lineup “pretty soon.”

As soon as Wednesday against the Dallas Stars?

“Maybe,” he said.

Giroux, 23, had contact for the first time since he returned to practice on Sunday. He battled defenseman Braydon Coburn at one point. “I went in the corners with Coby and told him to hit me a little bit,” he said with asmile.

I think it's too soon for him to play wed, next week is better.

Edited by Vincent05

DALLAS -- Guess who’s coming to Dallas wearing Flyers colors.

How about Claude Giroux? While it’s not 100 percent certain, all signs point to the Flyers’ concussed center returning to the lineup Wednesday night against the Stars, a game that will air on VERSUS.

At least two teammates are pretty certain he will play, and Giroux himself has kept open the possibility, saying, if he takes warm-ups tomorrow, he’s in.

There is no morning skate.

Giroux has missed the past four games with a concussion since taking an accidental knee to the back of the head from teammate Wayne Simmonds on Dec. 10 against Tampa Bay.

He had another hard practice here on Tuesday at American Airlines Center and came through it fine. One twist: his power-play unit was different today with Jakub Voracek replacing Scott Hartnell. Jaromir Jagr remains on the top unit, naturally.

“I try not to think about [coming back], just go day by day, but obviously, today was pretty good,” Giroux said.

Asked how he’ll know he’s ready to return, Giroux paused then said, “I don’t know,” while Jagr shouted from behind, “Watch the game.”

Then Giroux said, “If you see me in warm-ups, that means I’m going to play.”

And what is the likelihood of that happening?

“Soon probably, if it keeps getting better like that,” he said.

Against the Stars then?

“Ah, maybe.”

A couple players said from talking to him, they expect him on the ice against Dallas.

Giroux also took some physical contact today from defenseman Braydon Coburn, which is a prerequisite before he can re-enter the lineup.

“Cobie hit me a little bit and I felt good, too,” Giroux said.

Of course, Giroux has to get medical clearance from the Flyers' doctors and general manager Paul Holmgren, who is not on the trip.

The Flyers released a late injury report from Holmgren that read: “Giroux: has made positive strides over the past few days, now listed day to day.”

Holmgren later said in a text to CSNPhilly.com that Giroux was cleared for "all activity" last Saturday.

Coach Peter Laviolette would not commit one way or the other, but said it was good to see Giroux “banging” around on the ice.

Laviolette did his usual playful taunting with the media, saying it would be “illegal” for him to comment when this is strictly Holmgren’s territory.

“These decisions are way further than me,” he said. “With regard to whether a player is healthy and ready. That’s why we have a staff in place and conversations through the trainer, general manager, the doctors and everyone else.”

Laviolette said that Giroux looked “really good” on the ice.

In other words, ready to play, no?

Tim P

@Spinorama

@canoli

Sorry for the late reply. I'm getting bogged down a bit. Anyway, re: cursing.

I could give a sh!t about cursing but when it comes to google ranking you get hit for profanity. Because the site is really just starting out, I figure we need all the help we can get. Currently I believe hockeyblogs.net is ranked on the second page when you google "hockey blogs." And also on the second page for hockeyforums.net when you google "hockey forums."

Higher the rank, the more members, the better the conversation...bla bla bla.

Google, MSN/Bing, Dogpile and a few others are on this site all the time so I'm hoping to get up to at least the #3-5 spot. Once that happens, I lift the profanity filter at least a little to see if we can maintain the ranking.

Sound good?

hey Digi -thanks for taking a moment to explain that....attracting as many new members as possible...sure, of course, that makes total sense.

I never thought sites like these needed the search engines, that it was all word-of-mouth...shows how much I know.

That'd be great if we could do like Doom said, choose the level of filtering as a preference.

Anyway - Thanks again for taking the time - and thanks again for a Great Site!

Make the profanity filter a user profile option set to 'on' by default?

I'm trying to work something like that. Members can choose to filter it or not but default is to filter.

So that the search engine 'bots' see it as non curse words.

If Giroux can play tonight then play him. From what I have seen this whole concussion thing is all but a near guess. Crosby sat out 9-10 months and still wound up with problems after coming back. Other guys get a concussion and come back in a week and never have another problem. There's no way to know and seems to me no correlation between time off and health. It's a coin toss.