Rant

Guest aziz

We should Def play "caption this".....I'll start.

"Dammit Daly....I told you I take two ******* sugars and NO cream you miserable piece of ****!!! I should demote you to a ******* stick boy for the Phoenix Coyotes, But you'd probably **** that up too...... like your first marriage! Alright.......sorry about that folks, lets start today's talks".....

I just see him being a very mean little man........:)

Daly "I can't wait until this meeting is over so I can screw Bettmans wife again, and again and again"

Brilliant!!

Bill Daly...thinking to himself...." Does this guy ever shut his freakin' pie hole???.......Pie.........MMMMMMMMMMMMM..."

I would like to see the books for all the teams

Me too.

But, I dunno if we could decipher them.

Before I retired, over twenty years ago, I had many sites. All were profitable, but one in particular, paid us a lot. Maintenance and system software cost them well over a million and a half per year. Once a year, my company used to fly in accountants and some other suits to tell me how much money we were "losing" on this account. Their figures and data were completely bogus. Made absolutely no sense at all. For one example, my billable was $150.00 per 6 minutes (a tenth of an hour). If there was a 6 minute period in a day that I didn't produce that amount, their argument was that I had "lost" $150.00.

The company, which had once been a large corporation, imploded a short time later.

I dunno if there are many other businesses that operate in such a voodoo atmosphere, but I don't believe my former employer was alone.

Me too.

But, I dunno if we could decipher them.

Before I retired, over twenty years ago, I had many sites. All were profitable, but one in particular, paid us a lot. Maintenance and system software cost them well over a million and a half per year. Once a year, my company used to fly in accountants and some other suits to tell me how much money we were "losing" on this account. Their figures and data were completely bogus. Made absolutely no sense at all. For one example, my billable was $150.00 per 6 minutes (a tenth of an hour). If there was a 6 minute period in a day that I didn't produce that amount, their argument was that I had "lost" $150.00.

The company, which had once been a large corporation, imploded a short time later.

I dunno if there are many other businesses that operate in such a voodoo atmosphere, but I don't believe my former employer was alone.

The travesty that was the "housing bubble" shows that "businessmen" and their accountants can make things look, really, however they want to look.

For example, we have an industry which is producing nothing and is hell bent on continuing to produce nothing and we have a major "business" magazine telling us that the components of this industry aree worth huge sums of money, far more than they were even five years ago.

The emperor has no clothes and it's time we all pointed that out to the League, their owners and their players.

I do blame the owners for creating this mess, but the League was complicit and the players obviously haad no problems signing the shenanigan deals they were offered.

I simply do not believe the owners. Any of them. At all. About anything. I wouldn't trust them to tell me the time of day in a room full of atomic clocks.

That said, I don't care if Sidney Crosby makes $8.7M or $7M (20% less). I don't care if Ed Snider "loses money" on hockey operations. I don't care if players have guaranteed contracts or longer to get to free agency.

I care about watching hockey and instead of doing that I'm told that we have to watch kazillionaires making foie gras out of their golden-egg-laying goose.

I haven't worn my Flyers hat for over a month now. Don't really miss it.

• Like 1

How many times have we seen an ownership bought for a certain dollar figure and then sold a few years later for a much larger amount? In lots of cases, that particular team has reportedly lost money. The prices paid for the franchise and the costs of running it are muddy matters.

Once in awhile, an event occurs that sheds a small amount of light.

Years ago, Buffalo Bills signed Jim Kelly for what seemed an obscene amount of money.

BUT, Kelly raised attendance so much that it was obviously a hell of a deal for Buffalo.

Such glimpses are rare.

I could tell you stories of my days in the corporate world (insurance companies in the USA) and all the operational waste and voodoo accounting that went on.