You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Kraken Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

hf101

MVP Challenge Finals: Jonathan Quick vs Claude Giroux

MVP Challenge Finals  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Player is Most Valuable?

• Jonathan Quick
    • Claude Giroux

This is it. The Championship, timed to end with the start of the hockey season :P ......well I still have hope. Just some quick stats. We have had 40 different members participate in this series since we began. Over 15700 tokens have been earned. Tokens will get added to each participating member upon the completion of the finals.

The MVP Challenge Finals with

Hidden Content

-----Vote, Discuss and Earn Tokens for "pickem"

Each Vote and Discussion post is now worth 10 tokens up to a maximum of 100 per challenge.

Poll and Topic end 12 / 1

Members will vote and discuss the player to be chosen who best meets the following criteria.

1. Which player will have the greatest impact in the NHL next season?

2. Which player has the greater impact as per their team making or not making the playoffs in 2013?

3. Which player’s team would struggle the most if this player were out of the line up with a season ending injury?

4. Which player provides the most leadership to their team on and off the ice?

Add to your discussion:

1. The linemates within the player’s roster who will most help this player succeed?

2. What type of numbers do you think this player can put put up this season?

3. Add any other player related info, stats, videos, etc to enhance discussion.

This is an easy one... of course, I thought the last two with G were easy too. Sorry fellas, but he should have been eliminated two challenges ago. LOL

Quick won the Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup... and an awful lot of respect. Hands down the winner here.

G had a good series against the Pens. Then went golfing.

• Like 1

G had a good series against the Pens. Then went golfing.

I am not sure how he went golfing after Crosby hacked not one, but both of his wrists during the pen series.

Without Quick the Kings aren't even IN the playoffs. Then he wins the Conn Smythe. Now does he suffer from cup hangover while Girouxs thirst drives him to MVP status? That is the million dollar question. I took Quick.

No quick = no parade in LA

No Giroux = still a second round loss

I must say i am disappointed greatly by the lack of homerism shown in this poll... have we forgotten that Claude Giroux is only the greatest A #1 ruler of the world ? it doesn't apply to just hockey, when claude does a push up he's actually pushing the world down. He is superman's krytonite. Claude's recessive gene dominates all others.

@Bertmega @flyercanuck @Vanflyer... you should all be ashamed of yourselves, voting for Quick. wtf ? you are all officially kicked out of the homer club.

Conn Smythe, Conn Schmyfe, what has jonathan quick done to promote claude giroux..?

:ph34r:

if this actually gets close i will change my vote as I do actually believe Quick is the MVP, of MVPs this year. i've said as much. but no hockey season makes me feel a little wacky.

• Like 1

@mojo1917

I AM ashamed. It's Polaris' fault..he made me feel guilty for being a homer even though I CALLED myself homer last challenge. Heck he almost had me change my mind and vote Malkin...HAHAHA! kidding!

• Like 2

@mojo1917

You are right. I forgot to wear these today:

rbod.jpg

Also I didn't drink this before voting:

orange-kool-aid1.jpg

Edited by Bertmega
  • Like 1

Had to go with Quick.

I have to admit I partly voted Giroux in the last round because I didn't want an all-goalie final, but Quick is deserving of MVP status.

I went with Giroux.

Going into a season that should be on the ice right now, the Flyers without Giroux will struggle to put goals in the net. We all know Bryzgalov is going to let in 3-4 goals per game that amounts to loss after loss, imo. The Flyers also will start the season defensively weaker due to the loss of Carle and Meszaros. On the other hand the Kings are very strong offensively and defensively. They will still win games if Bernier is in net. Thus Giroux is more valuable to the Flyers to win games.

Hidden Content

• Like 1

Et tu @jammer2?

where's the blind loyalty where's the disregard for common sense ?

@hf101 now that's what i'm talking about ! fing right ! Orange Jesus A #1 hockey player !

Hahaha! I love it! The sarcasm that is ;)

Edited by Polaris922

glad to see you're taking it in the spirit in which it is intended !

happy thanksgiving everyone !

happy thursday , thirstday...canadian friends !

• Like 1

glad to see you're taking it in the spirit in which it is intended !

happy thanksgiving everyone !

happy thursday , thirstday...canadian friends !

I actually like @Polaris922 and disposition. While I don't agree with some things he writes- that is kind of the point of having a forum. I wish we had more like him (there is the guy from montreal and a couple of redwings fans). How do we get more fans from other teams??

• Like 2

I actually like @Polaris922 and disposition. While I don't agree with some things he writes- that is kind of the point of having a forum. I wish we had more like him (there is the guy from montreal and a couple of redwings fans). How do we get more fans from other teams??

We do have more fans from other teams as members than as you mentioned. Thus hopefully when there is a season of hockey to discuss I'm hopeful many will be back. The lockout couldn't have come at a more horrible time for this forum, although I presume other hockey forums member participation has dropped as well. Digity has skillfully set this site up to be ranked at #3 on google, soon to be #2 as that forum is near death. Both Irishjim and I use twitter to advertise the site. Once there is word of a season posting topics in the other 29 team's forums will help promote HF.net as more than just a Flyers forum. And of course, we are always open to suggestions.

It's great having non-Flyer fans on here. And Polaris is one of the best. (except for that Pens thing he has going on)

We do have more fans from other teams as members than as you mentioned.

I didn't mean to imply that there was not. Just that Polaris, the habsguy and the two detroit fans dutifully continue to post here during the doldrums of the lockout. So, they are the ones that immediately pop into my feeble brain.

It is a shame that the lockout did occur when it did because this locomotive (forum) was gaining allot steam / traction (can you use traction as a metaphor with a train reference?).

It's great having non-Flyer fans on here. And Polaris is one of the best. (except for that Pens thing he has going on)

Is that an oxymoron?? :blink:

@Vanflyer

@flyercanuck

Thanks guys... I enjoy your opinions and perspectives, and I honestly feel I may have found the 1% of Fylers fans that aren't complete babbling idiots in these forums ;). Honestly though, I love the sport, and it's great to have intelligent debates with other hockey fans somewhere without being saturated with twelve year old hate spam. You guys and many others here are good folks to talk hockey with.

If we could just get a season going!!

and I honestly feel I may have found the 1% of Fylers fans that aren't complete babbling idiots in these forums

And thus why I like you. You can interject a back handed compliment unlike many!! ha ha

Cheers!!

• Like 1

Bump:

The MVP Challenge ends tomorrow place your vote and comment for a few extra tokens.

Thanks to all who have participated. I will be adding the tokens earned to your accounts by the end of the year.

Quick by far. Giroux is great but without Quick the Kings weren't in the 2nd round (or 3rd or finals).

He carried the team.

Giroux is great but without Quick the Kings weren't in the 2nd round (or 3rd or finals).

I truthfully don't think Giroux should have gotten past Lundqvist. I love the guy, but Lundqvist (and Quick) are the preeminent goalies in the NHL.

• Like 1