Jeff Carter Rumor: Wants out from Columbus

Guest Vanflyer

I hope he does get traded. He's on my fantasy team and is no-cut. He's worthless to me on the BlueJackets.

Come to think of it, the Blue Jackets are worthless on the BlueJackets. You talk about a team that needs to be contracted, moved, or at least sold to an ownership group that has the foggiest idea what they're doing. What a pathetic idea and experiment Columbus has been.

As for Carter specifically, he is not the type of player that's going to do a thing for himself or by himself. He can win you draws, but if there's no one else on the ice that can make a play, winning the draw only changes the timing of when the puck is turned over. I don't watch Columbus hockey (no one does) so maybe it's already started, but he will become quickly frustrated and just start shooting from all over. We know he has about a 0.2% shot accuracy from borderline areas, but it's only going to get worse. And that will cause issues the other way.

I don't know what Columbus does here because they are not going to get value in the way of a player coming back. They could go for draft picks, but they don't seem to know how to draft. But Carter's career will be **** as long as he's in Ohio (more than if he was elsewhere). He needs a play making winger and possibly some testosterone shots.

Here's the article in English.

By the American Thanksgiving (a week), several general managers will try to move to improve their team. A name that is currently circulating is that of Jeff Carter.

Not that the Blue Jackets want to get rid of its services, but because it would require a transaction.

This information comes from Columbus, and many CEOs hold it now.

Is that when I contacted the agent Jeff Carter, Rick Curran, the latter told me that his client has NOT charged a transaction, contrary to rumors.

The question is however whether Carter likes to Columbus? He has amassed only 3 assists in 7 games, he is recovering from a broken foot.

-

Speaking of transaction, the Islanders will have to decide on their guards.

If you can not get rid of Rick Dipietro because of his contract, it is not easy on the side of Evgeni Nabokov has a no-trade clause.

That leaves Al Montoya. He knows a good season (2-2-1 2.44 .926%) and it is very possible that it is sold. One thing is certain, the threesome will not even last very long with the Islanders.

-

The Flames have decided to lend the services of Mitch Wahl to the Hamilton Bulldogs for the remainder of the season.

Wahl is a second-round pick of the Flames in 2008 and tried by every means to keep his place. He also played five games in the East Coast League this season and scored five goals and collected two assists. It is a center player who has had great success at the junior level, with the Spokane Chiefs.

Some twit person put this up -- >

Rumor that #bluejackets Jeff Carter ask for a trade. His agent said not true. That's my story on rds.ca.

Someone suggested Kaberle and a 1st for Carter. I don't think I understand that one.

I hope he does get traded. He's on my fantasy team and is no-cut. He's worthless to me on the BlueJackets.

Come to think of it, the Blue Jackets are worthless on the BlueJackets. You talk about a team that needs to be contracted, moved, or at least sold to an ownership group that has the foggiest idea what they're doing. What a pathetic idea and experiment Columbus has been.

As for Carter specifically, he is not the type of player that's going to do a thing for himself or by himself. He can win you draws, but if there's no one else on the ice that can make a play, winning the draw only changes the timing of when the puck is turned over. I don't watch Columbus hockey (no one does) so maybe it's already started, but he will become quickly frustrated and just start shooting from all over. We know he has about a 0.2% shot accuracy from borderline areas, but it's only going to get worse. And that will cause issues the other way.

I don't know what Columbus does here because they are not going to get value in the way of a player coming back. They could go for draft picks, but they don't seem to know how to draft. But Carter's career will be **** as long as he's in Ohio (more than if he was elsewhere). He needs a play making winger and possibly some testosterone shots.

I just don't get what Columbus was thinking. Voracek is 10 times the play maker that Carter is. He plays in all game situations (ev, pk and pp). He is only 22 and while I think Columbus had higher expectations for him, he is a fine player. He is on pace to score 55 points this season (a career high) and at 2.2M is a very good value.

The whole irony is that Couturier is the EXACT kind of Center that Columbus needs. Their GM should be shot for that trade. Columbus could have been set at center for their future with Couturier and 2010 pick Ryan Johansen (who is made the club this year)- and they would still have a young Voracek.

Their GM should be shot for that trade.

Next in line should be whoever scouted Carter and told the GM that Carter was a play making center for Nash.

While you can't really label him as selfish he is a very dimensional player. He shoots from all angles. Top 5 in the league in shots in the past couple years should really tell you something. Christ, all the scout and the GM had to do was just do a few stat searches on the internet to figure that out. Must have been more to it. Maybe getting another "big" name in there to drawl fans? Wouldn't be my first choice for that reason either.