What happened to Jags?

Guest OzFlyer

Jagr's groin is made of paper maché. I remember him constantly have groin issues while with the rags and caps. I'm surprised this is the first 'flare up' he's had so far. Unfortunately, at his age, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a lingering issue that bugs him all season.

Jagr's groin is made of paper maché. I remember him constantly have groin issues while with the rags and caps. I'm surprised this is the first 'flare up' he's had so far. Unfortunately, at his age, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a lingering issue that bugs him all season.

gee, for someone that's 'constantly had issues' he sure was able to continuously rack up points on a consistent basis.

Flyers general manager updated his condition following the team's 2-1 win over the Coyotes.

“He’s got a little bit of a thing in his lower-body. We don’t think it’s anything serious. I talked to Jaromir and he thinks within a couple days he should be better so I guess that leaves him out for the next game, but hopefully we’ll get him back Monday, but nobody thinks it’s serious.”

Holmgren went on to say that he believes the injury occurred during the second shift of the game against Phoenix and that it’s a new injury not anything that has bothered him in the past.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=64095&navid=DL|PHI|home

Edited by FlyersFan4Life

gee, for someone that's 'constantly had issues' he sure was able to continuously rack up points on a consistent basis.

Didn't say he doesn't rack up points... ask any rags or caps fans. His groin is a constant issue.

*Points to the many references to groin injuries in this list*

And this is only the "reported" incidences... how many did he play through?

2001/10/12Leg injury, day-to-day.

2002/01/11Groin, day-to-day.

2002/01/22Missed 6 games (groin).

2002/11/29Missed 1 game (groin).

2003/01/18Strained groin, left Saturday's game.

2003/11/26Groin, left Wednesday's game (Didn't miss any games).

2004/02/13Groin, day-to-day.

2004/02/19Missed 2 games (groin).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=343

Do you see a pattern anywhere here?

I give up... that is a small sample over only a 3-4 year stretch. oh... and he was 7 years younger then. And that's only the times he actually 'missed'... not the games he played at less than 100%, etc.

Agree to disagree, but if you're not concerned about a 39 year old player who injures his groin with his history?...

I give up... that is a small sample over only a 3-4 year stretch. oh... and he was 7 years younger then. And that's only the times he actually 'missed'... not the games he played at less than 100%, etc.

Agree to disagree, but if you're not concerned about a 39 year old player who injures his groin with his history?...

At this point Jagr at 39 feeling 40% with a sore groin is better than Brayden Schenn...at least on the ice. That's more concerning to me.

here they come out of the woodwork... how long before it's 'trade jagr?

the guy said he's had problems before and he pointed out that he's 39 and predicts this might be a recurring problem in the future... sounds reasonable, didn't sound like over reacting to me. This penchant for everyone going to the extreme is actually a little annoying. Complaining about something doesn't automatically mean going off the deep end, people need to stop reacting as if that's happening... it stunts discussion.

Sorry wasn't directing this entirely at you... just a trend I've been noticing that's been kinda annoying. I find myself constantly trying to type things ever so gently when it comes to constructive criticism because people tend to over react to the slightest criticism and it takes too much effort to get people to see that. Perfect example, can you tell the difference between: "JVR SUCKS!" and JVR is off to a disappointing start?"

• Like 1

Complaining about something doesn't automatically mean going off the deep end, people need to stop reacting as if that's happening... it stunts discussion.

Well said Spinaroo, Jagr IS 39, the best thing he, Briere, Timo, Prongs, and others can do is build up their conditioning on the weakest Link in the chain of there ancillary struture. This is not the first case with groin injuries, as many fans were questioning the training staff with many of our players were having groin issues. It's often the least conditioned part of the body in training along with plyometric stretching...Qu'est-ce que c'est ...degueulasse

the guy said he's had problems before and he pointed out that he's 39 and predicts this might be a recurring problem in the future... sounds reasonable, didn't sound like over reacting to me. This penchant for everyone going to the extreme is actually a little annoying. Complaining about something doesn't automatically mean going off the deep end, people need to stop reacting as if that's happening... it stunts discussion.

Sorry wasn't directing this entirely at you... just a trend I've been noticing that's been kinda annoying. I find myself constantly trying to type things ever so gently when it comes to constructive criticism because people tend to over react to the slightest criticism and it takes too much effort to get people to see that. Perfect example, can you tell the difference between: "JVR SUCKS!" and JVR is off to a disappointing start?"

Thanks spin... I guess I should just keep out my pom poms instead of having an opinion.

I'm just shocked that no one remembers the crazy drama with Jagr's groin while he was in the NHL.

Was it as bad as Foppa's foot?...no, but honestly, it really wasn't far off if you ask some rags/caps fans.

I'm just concerned at his age that it's going to be a long term issue he'll be dealing with. Don't want him traded... didn't say he doesn't score.

*done*

Jagr back skating and taking shots today. Tomorrow's game is still questionable.

I actually hope he takes a couple more days off to make sure he is completely healed.

Totally agree. We don't NEED him right now, let him get 100%.

And yes, we need better and smarter trainers. I'll leave it at that for now, lest I type another ranting wall of text.

I think the Flyers organization should really put some smart investment on updating our trainers, I know we have the family mentality. Which I could understand if you had a good uncle with all the best intentions working in your IT department, and he kept blue screening the desktops and laptops.

(AYE) you Fire him or (BEE) you Retrain him at BEST Practice'sessississ. That's all I'm gonna say, and that's all I HAVE! to say.

• 1 month later...

He was seen leaving the ice late in the first period to head to the locker room with what was originally described as an equipment issue. But when he left the game for good after just two shifts in the second period it was obvious that it was something related to an injury.

When asked after the game if it was an old injury Jagr simply said, "I got speared last game and there was swelling in that muscle. Maybe because it was too cold and we couldn't heat it." More Winter Classic Coverage

He would only say that the injury was to his left leg and would not specify where, exactly, the injury was bothering him. He also said that he knew immediately after his second shift in the second period that he wouldn't be able to return to the game, and even though he never took another shift, he remained on the bench the remainder of the game and even hinted that he might have had an opportunity to play in the third period if the Flyers would have had a two-man advantage.

"I like my teammates and wanted to part of that," said Jagr of his decision to return to the bench. "I knew it wasn't going to get any worse if I sit on the bench, and I want to be part of that. I'm part of the team and to sit here I would watch it on TV anyway. That way I was close, and you never know, maybe there would be a power play or a 5-on-3 and coach would put me back in there."

Jagr said he didn't think the injury was serious and that he "should be back soon."

CBS Sports