Sources say Eagles losing to support Flyers

Irishjim

reid.jpg?w=610&h=259

PHILADELPHIA, PA — A source close to the Philadelphia Eagles organization said earlier today that the Eagles have been losing their games on purpose for the past month now. The idea has been to show their support to the Philadelphia Flyers in their fight against the NHL Lockout.

“As a team, we decided that we will not win a game until the Flyers get to have a season,” the anonymous source said. “We didn’t want to tell the general public about this because we didn’t want it to look like a publicity stunt. This decision was made from the bottom of our hearts,” he said.

The Eagles have become very upset with the fans and mainstream media’s reaction to the 7 straight losses. “You figured they would see this great display of philanthropy as something to be proud of. But instead, everybody has been turning their backs on us and now we are in a tough situation.”

According to reporters, the anonymous source is described as an overweight man who may or may not resemble a walrus.

reid.jpg?w=610&h=259

PHILADELPHIA, PA — A source close to the Philadelphia Eagles organization said earlier today that the Eagles have been losing their games on purpose for the past month now. The idea has been to show their support to the Philadelphia Flyers in their fight against the NHL Lockout.

“As a team, we decided that we will not win a game until the Flyers get to have a season,” the anonymous source said. “We didn’t want to tell the general public about this because we didn’t want it to look like a publicity stunt. This decision was made from the bottom of our hearts,” he said.

The Eagles have become very upset with the fans and mainstream media’s reaction to the 7 straight losses. “You figured they would see this great display of philanthropy as something to be proud of. But instead, everybody has been turning their backs on us and now we are in a tough situation.”

According to reporters, the anonymous source is described as an overweight man who may or may not resemble a walrus.

LOL.....Priceless!

The last time I saw the Eagles this pitiful, a stiff named Brad Shoebel was the QB.....quite a while ago. Something tells me they would have missed the playoffs even if the O-line was not decimated. There is some talent there to build around, but they are not 2-3 players short, they are 8-10 short.

• Like 2

I think you have to go back to the early 70s, Mike McCormick era, to find an Iggle team this wretched.

I think the '98 (was it 98?) Eagles team was pitiful beyond comparison. What a disaster that season proved to be... The 3-13 record, if I am not mistaken, was a franchise record for losses in regular season.

I think the '98 (was it 98?) Eagles team was pitiful beyond comparison. What a disaster that season proved to be... The 3-13 record, if I am not mistaken, was a franchise record for losses in regular season.

That is true, by wins Ray Rhodes' last season was as atrocious. But at least there was some reason to have hope for the future, Dawk and Trotter, some bright spots of talent here and there. Now, Shady McCoy is the only guy I'd keep if I could draft 53 players in the offseason.

That is true, by wins Ray Rhodes' last season was as atrocious. But at least there was some reason to have hope for the future, Dawk and Trotter, some bright spots of talent here and there. Now, Shady McCoy is the only guy I'd keep if I could draft 53 players in the offseason.

That's true. Thanks to Andy...... and I really can't wait to see him go, the Eagles are destined to suck for eternity. There are no bright spots, nothing to look forward to other than Shady with this team. The draft? Yes, but like you said, if only we can have 50 picks. Pathetic and hopeless...

Where do they even go from here?