Is Bryz injured?

Guest hf101

Interesting. And I'm not sure what is going on, but Meltzer tweeted this and after translation:

The national team of Russia under Zinetula Bilyaletdinov gathered in the suburban UTC "Novogorsk" to prepare for the First Channel Cup. As a result of the medical examination were eliminated from the goalkeeper Ilya Bryzgalov (CSKA) and forward Alexander Popov ("Vanguard") and Eugene Dadonov ("Donbass"). Recall that just before the coaching staff brought forward a team of "Severstal" Eugene packets.

Press Service of the Russian Ice Hockey Federation

Channel One Cupis an annual ice hockey event held in Russia under the auspices of the TV Channel One. It is an open tournament of teams representing various nations, composed of professionals playing in European professional hockey leagues generally played in December.

Concerning....yeah. especially if we have a short season, the Flyers could easily get off to a slow start and not have enough time to recover to make the playoffs.

yeah just found this...Flyers and CSKA Moscow goalie Ilya Bryzgalov has lowered his GAA to 2.47 and raised his SV% to .907.

He's not being given many starts though because he signed with a team that has the best goalie in the KHL and he's now sick.

not sure if the translation is the problem, but.......this is possibly Bryz's best quote EVER!

December 10, 2012| 23:37

Communicate with the press Bryzgalov prevented suit

HOCKEY

Sudden departure from the position of team Russia one of the most popular goalie Ilya Bryzgalov of the country has caused a great resonance in the press. Today correspondent "SE" scored CSKA Moscow goalkeeper phone and "Philadelphia" - to try to find out the reasons that prevented Ilya speak at the First Channel Cup.

- Why are not you on the team? You have really a health problem?

- Sorry, but, unfortunately, I'm not ready to talk in detail with the press.

- Why not?

- The thing is that now I am in the Mission Control Center, you wrote about in our last interview. Astronaut suit on me. And you will understand that it disturbs me to communicate.

- When you have finished its space business and explain the "SE" your situation?

- You know, space - a particular substance. Maybe my flight will be delayed. But I'm with you for a chat.

Unfortunately, with that said telephone was missing.We look forward to returning to the pages of Elijah "SE"!(Igor Larin)

what a d ic k. is this for real? seriously - he really said this crap to the russian media? and what, they love it right? they're all eating up the fabulous "bryz" and his quotable quotes - oh please just... shoot me now i can't stand another 8 years of this clown. better yet shoot him.

• Like 2

I'm no fan of Leighton but I think I would be ok with him as the starter for this season if it meant we can dump Bryz. The season is already shortened (in the best case scenario) or non-existent. If there is a buyout clause or something I hope we dump Bryz.

pft. 6 of 1, half dozen of the other. leighton actually has a significantly better stat line in the postseason.

And a five hole the size of a certain Canyon in the state where Bryz used to play...

It may not be such a worry, as we don't know if Leighton is hiding another injury.

We'll just ignore that goal in Game 6 versus the Blackhawks, or his playoff abortion from 2 years ago that led to the Bryzastrous signing prior to last year. Stats ain't everything, I don't care what his numbers are...he has a long and storied history of backbreaking goals/ bad performances at the worst possible moment.

We are screwed in net....goalies are to the Flyers what drummers are to Spinal Tap. We all need to accept that. :rolleyes:

We'll just ignore that goal in Game 6 versus the Blackhawks, or his playoff abortion from 2 years ago that led to the Bryzastrous signing prior to last year. Stats ain't everything, I don't care what his numbers are...he has a long and storied history of backbreaking goals/ bad performances at the worst possible moment.

Well, pick your poison, really, right? Season ending terrible goal in the first/second round, or the fourth. Six of one......

pft. 6 of 1, half dozen of the other. leighton actually has a significantly better stat line in the postseason.

ah good. But which goalie is going to get this team to a post season in 2013? (assuming of course, there is a season) If they play 48 games with the mediocre goaltending of Bryz and Leighton, I think this team will fall short of making the post season.

If they play 48 games with the mediocre goaltending of Bryz and Leighton, I think this team will fall short of making the post season.

not to mention with a depleted dcorps minus carle and meszaros. from a flyers perspective, if there was a season to miss, it would be this theoretical one.

I'm not sure I see eight slam-dunk teams that are better than the Flyers in the East.

probably not. But if they decide to play a 48-game season then hopefully they'd have the sense to limit the PO teams to 4 from each conference. I mean really, 16 teams to start the playoffs, after an abbreviated season of 48 games? makes no sense. The post-season would last longer than the season for crying out loud - well, almost.

[edit: ah never mind. At least with the usual 16 teams we'd have a good bit of hockey for 6 months. So fine, keep it the way it is. I've just never been a fan of 1/2 the teams making the POs that's all.]

Edited by canoli