Tom Sestito

Guest Spinorama

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/Giroux-makes-more-progress-Walker-in-lineup-Mon.html

towards the bottom of the article it says that Sestito will be in and Shelley will be a healthy scratch.

Has a trade partner been found for Shelley? As a healthy scratch Shelley doesn't help the cap so what other reason could there be to scratch Shelley for Sestito?

Shelley has regularly been a scratch in the lineup especially with non-divisional teams where the "enforcer" type is not needed as much. Sestito should get some ice time with all the injuries. Kid isn't going to tear it up but he is big, can hit, and can actually play.

Sestito could apply for John LeClair's job:stand in the crease and put a lot of pucks in the net.His size alone could be a big benefit.Last night the main thing missing was the Flyer's physical game.According to what I read this morning Lavi is still looking for it.Young,big player's is something the Flyers don't have very many of,smaller players playing a bigger man game is how a lot of injuries happen.Hopefully Sestito will stick around for a few games.

got to watch him a little last night. Had an impressive "check of the game". He did seem to skate fairly decent and possess "some" hockey skill, much more than I've seen in Shelley. I'm not gonna blame that first Avs goal on him, he was looking up ice to the potential pass and had no idea that the puck would come his direction,let alone redirect off his skate. by the way, anyone have a count of how many of those redirect goal have been scored against this season? It's maddening!!!!

Now how the hell do we unload Shelley?

Last night the main thing missing was the Flyer's physical game.According to what I read this morning Lavi is still looking for it.Young,big player's is something the Flyers don't have very many of,smaller players playing a bigger man game is how a lot of injuries happen.

Maybe Lavy could tell JVR that the opposing goalie said Reemer's gf sucks Pu$$y and is a dyke?

and Lavi has JVR. Draw your own conclusions!

Actually, I don't think that JVR is Lavi's whipping boy. I think the Flyers are far from giving up on him and that Lavi gives him opportunities. With Giroux out, JVR got 16+ minutes the other night. As FC points out, it more about effort than talent / skill with JVR. Maybe he still has lingering effects from his injury that we don't know about, but he certainly does disappear for stretches and his defensive play has taken a step backwards this year from last year.

Who in their right mind would trade for Shelley and that bloated contract? Holmgren needs to rufie some GM and get a pick or bag of pucks or something for that contract.

That was my immediate thought! Who's gonna trade for shelly? I like the guy but come on... Shelly for a 12th rounder? (is there even a 12th round?)

Who's gonna trade for shelly? I like the guy but come on... Shelly for a 12th rounder

They traded Stefan Legein & 2012 6th rounder for nothing (the mythological "future considerations") so I'd say the Kings owe us to take another one.