Play Pick'em Daily Read more... ×

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
Guest Podein25

2013 World Junior Championships

@jammer2

Oh, ok understood. And agreed. What about Rielly? He took a regular shift. In short, we had two guys who fit your description.....you want 6, lol?

I don't necessarily want a particular size, I want dynamic athletes on the back end, and that...more often than not comes in smaller packages. It may have played more of a role this year on the big ice than next years tourny (think it's back in North America, no?)

@jammer2

It's in Malmo Sweden next year. I'm thinking of going....

EDIT: ok, gotchya re dynamic. That's the key word there.

Edited by Podein25

I think the two teams played dynamically different games not so much due to size, but due to the makeup of the teams' character. It seemed to me that a lot of the Canadian players were trying to do a lot more on their own. The US team was happy to dump the puck or drop it at the blue line, where the Canadian players would often try to go 1 on 3 at the net. The US had a better forecheck, and seemed more willing to go into the corners and take the hits to get the puck. It was a physical game, so I'm not so sure a couple bigger d-men hurt you. It just looked to me that the US team wanted it more, or realized they had to work harder to get it? Maybe that was the momentum of the goal scoring taking its toll, but they reminded me more of champion teams that carried a lot of role players who put the team ahead of themselves. NOT saying the Canadian youth were selfish, just seemed to be trying too hard, if that makes sense?