To My Canadian Friends

Guest delcofan

Good for Team USA. Healthy competition only serves to raise the bar everywhere. ;)

@flyercanuck You know, we could use a bit of self-boasting in this country. We're too damned polite all the time!! F**k you, flyercanuck! Just kidding, I'm sorry. Really, I apologize. Here, take my Tim's card and get yourself a double double.

:P

Uhhh, I'm a hockey fan. What would you expect?

What does being a hockey fan have to do with being classless? I know your post was tongue-in-cheek, but you don't kick a horse when it is down. Being that it is a tournament of kids, its best to show respect to all that play. I have seen the tournament live four times (twice in Canada, once in Sweden and once in Czech). The communal atmosphere of fans of respective countries is great. Because they are kids and amateurs, I think we should congratulate ALL that participated. It was a great tournament and the best team won.

@brelic

I'll pass..

Tough crowd!

I'm actually taking a training course right now for work, and the instructor who was born in Europe, lives in Canada, and travels all over US and Canada for work, said that only in Canada do people apologize for things no one else would. Beyond that being a stereotype of some sorts, there's a lot of truth to it.

@brelic It's true Bre, people are overly polite here in Canada. I'd venture to guess that a smaller city like WIndsor is much more extreme in it's politeness than a TO or Montreal....I've actually heard arguements develop over who is more sorry....LOL!

For the record, this was just supposed to be playful banter. Does overly sensitive go with being overly apologetic?

Everyone patronized the Americans as if they had zero chance in this tournament. My post was directed towards that sentiment. If anyone on this board is an actual Canadian Junior team member, I apologize.

For all the Canadians who can take a joke, I won't let two uptight Canucks ruin your reputation.

On a side note: years ago, I studied abroad in Melbourne, Australia. Whenever and Aussie heard my accent, they would ask if I was Canadian. I finally asked why then never assumed I was American. The response was "Canadian's get offended if you assume they are American". So sorry if my post just further perpetuated a negative stereotype of us yanks.

For the record, this was just supposed to be playful banter. Does overly sensitive go with being overly apologetic?

Everyone patronized the Americans as if they had zero chance in this tournament. My post was directed towards that sentiment. If anyone on this board is an actual Canadian Junior team member, I apologize.

For all the Canadians who can take a joke, I won't let two uptight Canucks ruin your reputation.

On a side note: years ago, I studied abroad in Melbourne, Australia. Whenever and Aussie heard my accent, they would ask if I was Canadian. I finally asked why then never assumed I was American. The response was "Canadian's get offended if you assume they are American". So sorry if my post just further perpetuated a negative stereotype of us yanks.

LOL, that's funny because it's true.

Guess the uptight was aimed at me then...

I love America and it's people and spend a lot of time and money here but just get slightly bored by the jingoistic fervour that seems to get dredged up when the USA play on an international stage. The Ryder Cup being a prime example...

I'm all for cheering on your team/country but I'm not keen on turning it into some kind of fake war.

Anyway I'm not here to argue about it but obviously I, and some of the Canadian Flyer's fans, missed the special irony/sarcasm font when you wrote your post ;)

Lets go :PHI: !!!

Edited by EDI-Flyer