Bad game for Simmonds & Pronger

Guest TedZep

Hey TedZep--I actually thought Pronger played well. He seems to be making better decisions on "D" and is no longer afraid to be aggressive in the neutral zone when he has the chance. I think you'll see him be more of a factor on the next few games.

Simmonds looked like he was just trying too hard to make something happen. I agree with you he made several bad decisions especially when the Jets were in our zone.

Belive it or not, I miss Carcillo--he also always tried to make things happen. But, his decision making was much better when he wasn't playing the "enforcer." I think he was one of the most under-rated players on the Flyers. The guy had heart and was a "gamer" and he loved playing in Philly. I'd like to have him over Simmonds...

Simmonds gives 110% every time he is on the ice! what happened to jamming the net? Did Lavi take the night off? Bobbo can't give a sparkling performance playing a few games a month. Something seem to be holding the whole team back,could it be Lavi and his chronic bellyaching about penalties? It isn't one player not performing,nobody seem sure of their role,but don't dare get a penalty. Maybe Clarkie could help Lavi with the Flyer's hockey concept. If you can't beat "em" in the alley, you'll never beat "em" on the ice!!!!! F.S.

Pronger's goal was nice, but to fall down and give up a shortie just ruined it for me.

SImmonds made bad decisions all game long. Now we know who Schenn can replace.

That was just gawd-awful! He couldn't have looked worse on that play. To me that was the turning point. The team had sucked from the getgo, but had made it 3-1 and was on the pp. The momentum was in Phillys favor at that point. Then they put the big fat guy from my beer league on D and he fell over.

I knew I had it coming... Yes, I actually did really like the "Car-Bomb" I'm one of the few, the proud, the derranged LOL!

Simmonds does give 100% everytime--I totally agree with that. He actually tries so hard that it hinders his "situational awareness." The good news is that can be fixed with good coaching and mentoring.

I certainly like the way things are shaping up. The Flyers are much better than I expected this season. I'm really enjoying watching the games. I just wish my Center Ice package was in HD--I have "Charter Communications"--it's a horrible cable company. I would switch to Direct TV if they carried the local channels. I really don't want to put up an antenna... Such is life in Alabama where they invented the toothbrush (if it was invented somewhere else, it would have been called a "teethbrush).

I knew I had it coming... Yes, I actually did really like the "Car-Bomb" I'm one of the few, the proud, the derranged LOL!

Simmonds does give 100% everytime--I totally agree with that. He actually tries so hard that it hinders his "situational awareness." The good news is that can be fixed with good coaching and mentoring.

I certainly like the way things are shaping up. The Flyers are much better than I expected this season. I'm really enjoying watching the games. I just wish my Center Ice package was in HD--I have "Charter Communications"--it's a horrible cable company. I would switch to Direct TV if they carried the local channels. I really don't want to put up an antenna... Such is life in Alabama where they invented the toothbrush (if it was invented somewhere else, it would have been called a "teethbrush).

LMAO @ teethbrush. I was almost working in Decatur but they pulled my layoff notice 30 minutes before I was out the door.

Pronger's goal was nice, but to fall down and give up a shortie just ruined it for me.

Simmonds has strangely not been very good of late. He came out of the gate in pre-season and regular season like a gang buster. But, his play has noticeably tailed off. I was wondering, yesterday, if he's suffering some nagging injury.

I agree. Pronger doesnt get younger and we have to get use to see him get lost in some parts of the game, when its about speed and movements he cant compete. Simmonds... well dont give up on him yet. He is young and we have seen very good games from him as well. Pronger wont get better but Simmonds can and I think he will get better.

Simmonds has strangely not been very good of late. He came out of the gate in pre-season and regular season like a gang buster. But, his play has noticeably tailed off. I was wondering, yesterday, if he's suffering some nagging injury.

well to be realistic about wayne, he was the "throw in " in the deal for Richards, he came out of the gate well, i never expected him to continue to score at the pace he was early on, i think we're seeing what he's going to be and that is a Hartnell type, hard to play against, pot you some goals to the tune of 15-23 a year. play strong where the men play and be an energy guy who can throw the mitts when needed. to expect him to significantly pick up the scoring hole left by richards and carter's departure isn't fair to wayne and his abilities. i like what he brings to the team , but he's a depth energy guy and probably not a permanent top 6 forward. you can slide him up occasionally as we've seen he's responded well then he comes back to earth.

@flyercanuck

A stop from Bob on a break away once would be welcome, but feel free to blame it all on Pronger...

You're kidding right? We're on a pp, Pronger falls down and sends Winnipeg off on a 2 on 1 (while up 3-1) and it's Bobs fault? I agree it would be nice for him to stop a breakaway, but that goal was on Pronger. He (along with just about everyone else) didn't bring his "A" game.

You're kidding right? We're on a pp, Pronger falls down and sends Winnipeg off on a 2 on 1 (while up 3-1) and it's Bobs fault? I agree it would be nice for him to stop a breakaway, but that goal was on Pronger. He (along with just about everyone else) didn't bring his "A" game.

I agree but I think Pronger already knew that it would look embarrassing if he would try to catch em up. At the time he is up on his skates again the situation is over. I like Pronger. He is a great leader with a huge impact on the team. But he is old and slow and we have to live with that and accept it.

Really? I have not heard it before, not like that. I wondered if he did a big hit earlier in the game that i missed or something (only saw 2nd & 3rd period)

Next time the Flyers play out west, take a good listen - especially in Edmonton.