Bad game for Simmonds & Pronger

Guest TedZep

Hey TedZep--I actually thought Pronger played well. He seems to be making better decisions on "D" and is no longer afraid to be aggressive in the neutral zone when he has the chance. I think you'll see him be more of a factor on the next few games.

Simmonds looked like he was just trying too hard to make something happen. I agree with you he made several bad decisions especially when the Jets were in our zone.

Belive it or not, I miss Carcillo--he also always tried to make things happen. But, his decision making was much better when he wasn't playing the "enforcer." I think he was one of the most under-rated players on the Flyers. The guy had heart and was a "gamer" and he loved playing in Philly. I'd like to have him over Simmonds...

while i agree with you on carcillos energy he was called carbomb for a reason. too many dumb penalties and turnovers that either lost us games or at least changed the momentum of games. rinaldo is the new carcillo but with a tad bit more skill. i really believe our expectations of simmonds were higher than his actual skill level because how he started the season. he's a 3rd line player with a tough edge and a bit of skill. i really don't see him as anything more than a 12-15 goal scorer. he just has to work on his turn overs and hockey awareness.

Really? I have not heard it before, not like that. I wondered if he did a big hit earlier in the game that i missed or something (only saw 2nd & 3rd period)

I shouldn't say everyone, but a lot of fans do. He's a jerk, plays dirty (or used to for the most part) and has pissed off a lot of people.

You're kidding right? We're on a pp, Pronger falls down and sends Winnipeg off on a 2 on 1 (while up 3-1) and it's Bobs fault? I agree it would be nice for him to stop a breakaway, but that goal was on Pronger. He (along with just about everyone else) didn't bring his "A" game.

Defenseman make gaffes all the time around the blueline it hopped over his stick that part was on him. Yes. Shouldn't the goaltender make a stop...at least once...in two seasons?

No?

Ok Proger is expected to be held accountable yet Bob let a weak one in and it automatically the guy on the other end of the ice that is solely to blame?

I could understand if he turned it over in the defensive zone Bob would have little chance. But the guy came skating in from the other side of the redline and he still can't make a stop? Hell i don't really ever remember Bob making any break away saves it's always in the net.

Defenseman make gaffes all the time around the blueline it hopped over his stick that part was on him. Yes. Shouldn't the goaltender make a stop...at least once...in two seasons?

No?

Ok Proger is expected to be held accountable yet Bob let a weak one in and it automatically the guy on the other end of the ice that is solely to blame?

I could understand if he turned it over in the defensive zone Bob would have little chance. But the guy came skating in from the other side of the redline and he still can't make a stop? Hell i don't really ever remember Bob making any break away saves it's always in the net.

Hey, Bob made a breakaway save last night! It wasn't a clear cut breakaway, but a breakaway none the less!