Defense is weak and our top two propects are hurt Bourdons skull is an eggshell

RonJeremy

I don't know why you guys think this shortened season is any better on Timo. This season is going to be a sprint, 4 games a week with back to back games more common. This means less recovery time, and for a 38 yr old player this will be a challenge, IMO.

Gotta think Homer has a trade brewing, esp if Bryz plays poor due to poor protection in front of him.

Also think Grossman is way undervalued in here by some of you. The guy is a beast in front of the crease and is going to be Bryz's best friend this season.

I don't know why you guys think this shortened season is any better on Timo. This season is going to be a sprint, 4 games a week with back to back games more common. This means less recovery time, and for a 38 yr old player this will be a challenge, IMO.

Gotta think Homer has a trade brewing, esp if Bryz plays poor due to poor protection in front of him.

Also think Grossman is way undervalued in here by some of you. The guy is a beast in front of the crease and is going to be Bryz's best friend this season.

I agree with you regarding Grossman. He will be a key guy. You may be right about Timo, but it's still a much shorter season, so fewer games for him to get worn down and banged up. They will still have to manage his minutes, obviously. But not so much as to keep him from playing on the top pair.

I agree with you regarding Grossman. He will be a key guy. You may be right about Timo, but it's still a much shorter season, so fewer games for him to get worn down and banged up. They will still have to manage his minutes, obviously. But not so much as to keep him from playing on the top pair.

I still think a lot of you let what Timo has been for your organization cloud how you see him now... second pairing with first PP and no PK time if it were my call. 48 games plus playoffs is still tough on him.

We also have to wait and see on Luke Schenn and what he brings to the table...

Oh wait...he is an ex-Leaf nevermind....I guess then we should probably start the season with the following

Actually, the Leafs have a pretty storied history of trading players away only to see them shine. I'm counting on it.

I still think a lot of you let what Timo has been for your organization cloud how you see him now... second pairing with first PP and no PK time if it were my call. 48 games plus playoffs is still tough on him.

He's still the team's best all-around defenseman. There are various way they can manage his ice time, I'm sure there will be times when Lavi will want him on the PK.

He's still the team's best all-around defenseman. There are various way they can manage his ice time, I'm sure there will be times when Lavi will want him on the PK.

Losing Carle he's definitely your most offensively gifted defenseman now, but he's soft and his wheels don't support his positional play that's made him so good through the years anymore. I honestly LIKE seeing him on the ice as an opponent because I know he can't skate as well as he used to. I'd rather he be on the ice against Crosby or Malkin than Coburn or Grossman. I like Timo and his games in the past, I just think as I've said many times before, he's too far past his prime to expect that much from anymore. Just my opinion... I know everyone has one ;) lol

i think a lot of us would like to see him in the sort of role you've defined here, but since all our young guys and by young i mean under 34, are recovering from and are still injured he may see more TOI than that cushy bit. at least until some ankles and wrists heal. I think Bourdon may be bor-done based on how many concussions he's reported in the last 2 years.

Carle he's definitely your most offensively gifted defenseman now, but he's soft and his wheels don't support his positional play that's made him so good through the years anymore. I honestly LIKE seeing him on the ice as an opponent because I know he can't skate as well as he used to

What the hell are you talking about? Since when did Carle forget how to skate?

As per twitter: Meszaros has been cleared to play after suffering an Achilles injury during the summer.

it may take him a bit to be up to speed. Just hope his return isn't too fast.

Holmgren's quote was interesting yesterday, saying the problem with Meszaros is a mental one.. that he came back way too apprehensive from the last injury. Meszaros then said he's fine mentally.

The head games are already beginning.... yeah! Welcome back, hockey!

OK, you're starting to fit in here way too good!

Now no need to really insult me!

it's a bit ridiculous innit?

More like insulting ;)

Next thing you know he'll be screaming F-E-D-O-T-E-N-K-O!!! for no apparent reason.

Who's that? Some Philadelphia sports reporter?

Just wait til he starts to defend Cook slashing Roo! :D (just kidding polaris :lol: )

Cooke doesn't do that anymore... he's a born again Lady Byng! Crosby on the other hand... that dirty good for nothing... ;)