Can the Flyers do this?

jammer2

I've been thinking of some creative ways for the Flyers to upgrade their goaltending and defense. The Comcast owned Flyers obviously have a LOT of cash to toss around. Why not troll around to the poor teams, and offer to take one of their bums who they intend to buy out. The poor team is off the hook for the millions of dollars they would have to come up with up front, the Flyers get a young stud goalie or D-man. Of course, to pass the smell test, you could throw in prospects like Nick Cousins or some 4th, 5th rounders etc....but the bottom line is cash for players. Would this be legal in the new CBA?

Of course, Bryz may or may not be on the chopping block (depending on how his 40+ game try out goes....ha ha)....but with the news Pronger can't be bought out, there is no real canidate for the second buy out.....maybe we can try my idea out?

I've been thinking of some creative ways for the Flyers to upgrade their goaltending and defense. The Comcast owned Flyers obviously have a LOT of cash to toss around. Why not troll around to the poor teams, and offer to take one of their bums who they intend to buy out. The poor team is off the hook for the millions of dollars they would have to come up with up front, the Flyers get a young stud goalie or D-man. Of course, to pass the smell test, you could throw in prospects like Nick Cousins or some 4th, 5th rounders etc....but the bottom line is cash for players. Would this be legal in the new CBA?

Of course, Bryz may or may not be on the chopping block (depending on how his 40+ game try out goes....ha ha)....but with the news Pronger can't be bought out, there is no real canidate for the second buy out.....maybe we can try my idea out?

That was confirmed with Pronger? i thought at this point it was a still wan't sure yeah or nah....

@flyercanuck I'm guessing Gomez's 7.3 million owed for next year (he only has one year left) will be one of the first contract's bought out...with a little hop, skip and a jump from the Habs owner. Although Vinny LeCavalier is a lot more useful, the 7.7 mill he is owed until 2020 must be looming large in the eyes of the Bolts owner. I'm thinking he gets the axe also.