Help on the way

yave1964

Brendan smith should be a man beast on the blue line, a good shot and not afraid to hit. Tatar will likely stay at Grand Rapids until an injury but is having a fine year and Nyquist should fit very nicely on the third line, hopefully with Helm and Cleary.

One question- what the Hell am I supposed to do with six sets of tickets for the Lake Erie Monsters now? We are seeing Grand Rapids twice but also have nice seats for the Marlies, the Texas Stars, the Abbotsford Heat and Milwaukee Admirals in Cleveland if anyone wants them let me know.... Thank God we have the NHL back. GO WINGS!!!

@yave1964 Have you seen Damien Brunner's stats from the Swiss Elite League? He was playing on a line with Zetterberg.....WOW, he lit that league UP!! You don't see stats like that in Europe to often. I anticipate him staying with Zetterberg....who ever else they add, you could have a BIG line there, maybe Cleary.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=96871

• Like 1

I can't help you with those tickets, but sure glad you are not wasting you money on the Phantoms.

It should be an interesting transition year for the Wings. Some predict a down year, but they are so well coached I still fully expect them to make the playoffs.

Congrats to Z ....I think he is a great choice for the "C"

• Like 1

I can't help you with those tickets, but sure glad you are not wasting you money on the Phantoms.

It should be an interesting transition year for the Wings. Some predict a down year, but they are so well coached I still fully expect them to make the playoffs.

Congrats to Z ....I think he is a great choice for the "C"

Z was the logical choice with half the team being from Sweden, even brought two more in this year with Samuelsson and Gustafsson. Datsyuk is a lead by example guy and my boy Kronwall will have enough pressure trying to play Lidstrom minutes. Good luck to your Flyers this year. Remind Voracek to keep his head up when coming up the boards, lol.

@yave1964 Have you seen Damien Brunner's stats from the Swiss Elite League? He was playing on a line with Zetterberg.....WOW, he lit that league UP!! You don't see stats like that in Europe to often. I anticipate him staying with Zetterberg....who ever else they add, you could have a BIG line there, maybe Cleary.

http://www.hockeydb....y.php?pid=96871

If Brunner is for real then he needs to be on a line with Z and Filpulla who found a home on Z's line last year. I am tellin ya, anyone writing the Wings off this year do so at your own peril......

Thanks, :) .

I'm not sure how much the East will play the West this season, but hey there will be others as the those patented hits keep coming.

Maybe the Wings will play a more balanced D in the minutes played, ..........they might have to as Kronwall might be spending his minutes in the sin bin. jk

@yave1964 I think they will be ok offensively, and the tending with Howard and Gus will be fine. They do need some depth on defense, losing both Nick and Stuart is a few big holes to fill. Like you said, I believe Smith will step up and be excellent from the start. They signed Carlo Colavachio to help in the depth department (wanted the Flyers to sign him), but WHAM surprise, he got hurt in the Spengler Cup. The guy is snake bit I tell you. I think he will only be out a few weeks (left shouder), but I'd bet my bottom buck that it's not his last injury of the season. Having said all that, I love the guys game, his stats offensive stats speak volumes. If he ever caught on with that top pp unit, watch out, I could see him scoring 50 pts *if* he could somehow stay healthy...so the risk is worth it.

• Like 1

@yave1964 - Dude... you can NOT start a thread with a title that is the same as the title of a Grateful Dead song and expect there to be no consequences. Not while I'm around anyway.

Well I would be fa friend of the devil if it would help the Wings win a cup, i would celerate by drinking ripple too. Gotta get truckin.

Well played sir. Well played indeed.

I was going to use a 'touch of gray' inference but ever since those damn fifty shades of gray books came out I try not to mention the word Gray when my wife is around. The dirty old lady needs to understand I am only one guy or change back to reading womens day and family circle....