Boucher back to Philly

Flyers97

But Boosh would have to clear waivers, would he not?

As for Alt, it seems like we traded one project away (Pither) for another. That, and there is a logjam at center for the forseeable future, so Pither was likely not in the Flyers plans. In Alt, at least the have a defenseman to restock the cupboard.

From hockeysfuture.com

Talent analysis

Alt was a two-sport star in high school, as he led Cretin-Derham to a state title as a quarterback in football. The son of former Kansas City Chiefs offensive lineman Jon Alt, he was entertaining offers to play football in college until late in the spring, when he committed to playing hockey at the University of Minnesota. Like his father, Alt is a tall man but despite his height is a fluid skater who has good speed and agility. Having not yet played at a higher level of hockey, he is still raw in terms of tactical play and positioning but is a strong two-way player according to scouts who've seen him play.

Future

After attending the USA's junior evaluation camp, Alt will begin his college career this fall as a true freshman at the University of Minnesota. Alt does not turn nineteen until October and will be stepping into a pressure-filled situation with the Gophers, who recently lost top defensemen Nick Leddy (CHI) after the 2009 first round pick signed a contract with the Blackhawks. While he might be better served playing junior hockey for a year, Alt has the skating ability and size to compete at the college level and has a great opportunity to get ice time right away. Whether he has the hockey smarts to make his mark as a freshman, as fellow Hurricanes prospects Brian Dumoulin (Boston College) and Kyle Lawson (Notre Dame) did, remains to be seen. Long-term, the Hurricanes are hoping he can blossom into a top four defender. But at this point he is a long-range project.

A little bit on Mike Alt

The high school team he played on was called the Cretins or something: Awesome!

D, shoots R

6'3"

2nd round 2010 pick

project, but one that projects as a top-4 big but mobile D-man

"despite his height is a fluid skater who has good speed and agility. Having not yet played at a higher level of hockey, he is still raw"

Surely the Flyers will figure out a way to turn this diamond in the rough into a quivering shadow of Ryan Parent....

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 1

Per Bob McKenzie:

CAR trades goalie Brian Boucher and prospect Mark Alt to PHI for minor leaguer Luke Pither.

I don't understand this one at all? Is Leighton on his way out again??

I'm neither for or against it too be honest. Pither didn't do much even though hes a young guy. If they have a flag football game, they have their QB I guess

Boucher is better than Leights..other than that ....like others posted I'm pretty much indifferent.

this Alt kid ..don't know much about him

Any chance Boosh challenges Leaky for the backup job? That's about the only way we could have Boosh on the roster without going through waivers.

Any chance Boosh challenges Leaky for the backup job? That's about the only way we could have Boosh on the roster without going through waivers.

I think that is the "ONLY" reason he is here. I don't believe in one second that Homer is comfy with Leights...but then why the hell resign him...Homer should have gone after other cheap FA goalies last spring. The only reason I can thinnk of is/was because of the the upcoming change in the CBA and not know the what the future held. It is the only thing that makes sense.

Leights back to the busses of Glen Falls

Boucher is Bryz's back-up (more of an insurance policy)

Edited by pilldoc

Can't they find someone else, somewhere, anywhere then just recylcling the same ol garbage??????

Jeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzuuuuss i'm tired of them shame schitt over and over.

It's like breaking up with a girl and instead of going out and finding a new girl friend you just wait a week then call the old girl friend up for a date...

...just makes no damn sense....like they are the only one out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fine with the trade really. Adding a D prospect and another goalie for the three ring circus, well it could be worse. No big deal losing Pither at this point. I will say, at least Boosh can handle and liked Philly. And, plays hard, even though he's not elite.

I don't see any way Leights beats out Bouch for the back up job. Bouch had respectable numbers for the Canes last year, I expect him to the everyday back up for the Flyers and Leights to battle Heeter for playing time in the AHL. Hope Heeter gets enough starts down there, he needs to play/develop....we already know what Leighton can do...which is not much.

how do they even consider Leighton? after what he has shown, unless he is the recipient of divine intervention, he will completely suck. How would they explain that?

The crazy thing is that Leighton actually had better numbers than Bryz (same GAA, better save %).