Boucher back to Philly

Flyers97

While I hate seeing the Flyers retread players I am happy to see Boosh back. If anyone can clear waivers to/from the AHL it's Leighton. Boucher would be claimed while no one will give Leighton a thought.

I think Homer made a low risk move here and took care of half of our goalie problem. I suspect the other half will be taken care of this off season via a buyout.

• Like 1

I don't see any way Leights beats out Bouch for the back up job. Bouch had respectable numbers for the Canes last year, I expect him to the everyday back up for the Flyers and Leights to battle Heeter for playing time in the AHL. Hope Heeter gets enough starts down there, he needs to play/develop....we already know what Leighton can do...which is not much.

i guess he's going straight to the ahl, just insurance in case of injury

i also didn't know he had shoulder surgery last summer

i guess he's going straight to the ahl, just insurance in case of injury

i also didn't know he had shoulder surgery last summer

Who is? Boosh? That would be too bad... Boosh has had the better NHL career, and I definitely feel 'safer' with him between the pipes.

Any chance they're just grabbing up goalies to have a selection to choose from? Boucher doesn't seem any improvement over Leighton to me.

Clearly then you haven't seen Leighton play on a regular basis, he's pretty slow post to post, a fair puck handler, often seems surprised and out of position on plays that an NHL goalie should have seen millions of times, and is not the best teammate.

Boucher is not a starter, he's a back up , knows his role, is a good teammate, can come off the bench and help his team escape a bad period or game when the starter has gone on a walkabout.

Boosh isn't the # 1 guy, but I feel he's a definite upgrade over Leighton for the back up job

Boosh isn't the # 1 guy, but I feel he's a definite upgrade over Leighton for the back up job

Homer said (at the end of the video clip in this link) he picked up Boosh for insurance. Boosh will not take part in training camp with the Flyers and will go to the Phantoms.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-talk/Flyers-acquire-Brian-Boucher-from-Hurric?blockID=822987&feedID=695

Homer said (at the end of the video clip in this link) he picked up Boosh for insurance. Boosh will not take part in training camp with the Flyers and will go to the Phantoms.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-talk/Flyers-acquire-Brian-Boucher-from-Hurric?blockID=822987&feedID=695

Wow, we'll see how long that lasts. I know Leighton is Lavy's boy or maybe has pictures of him with a 13 year old boy from that sex trip to Thailand or something. I stand by my statement Boosh is better suited to be the NHL clubs back up than Leighton.

• Like 1

I can't understand how Leighton could possibly be ahead of Boosh on the depth chart...!?

Boosh might actually push Heeter, meanwhile Leighton will be riding the pine. No way he plays more than a game every other week, and that's only because of the seriously condensed schedule.

I can't understand how Leighton could possibly be ahead of Boosh on the depth chart...!?

According to TP, Boucher was recovering from shoulder surgery finished his 6th month rehab on Jan 2, whereas Leighton has been ready to play.

My wife fell in love with this guy during your playoff/cup run a few years back when the first ten/eleven options all got hurt and you were stuck playing him. Gotta admit he is more heart than talent at this point and even after reading her his career stats she says he will always be a favorite of hers.....

Good luck this year from a Wings fan

Ahh, well, this little tidbit of information does change things a bit. From Bill Meltzer:

Under the new CBA rules, re-entry waivers have been abolished. Thus, the Flyers could recall Boucher as needed. He will make a prorated $1 million this season in salary regardless of whether he plays in the AHL or NHL. His NHL cap hit is $950,000.

So, now it makes a little more sense. Boosh is coming off an injury, and can be called up without fear of being picked up by another team. Which could mean an injury to Leighton or Bryz, or just that Leighton doesn't cut the mustard.

Meltzer also mentions that, apparently, Niko Hovinen is in the doghouse. Anyone have any info on that?

Under the new CBA rules, re-entry waivers have been abolished. Thus, the Flyers could recall Boucher as needed. He will make a prorated $1 million this season in salary regardless of whether he plays in the AHL or NHL. His NHL cap hit is $950,000.

So, now it makes a little more sense. Boosh is coming off an injury, and can be called up without fear of being picked up by another team. Which could mean an injury to Leighton or Bryz, or just that Leighton doesn't cut the mustard.

Wait a sec. Am I to understand it that the Flyers actually understand the new CBA well-enough to do something right for once?

Regardless, the move now increases the cap hit for "backup goaltender" by $50K - a measly amount and probably not worth worrying about...

There's NO re-entry waivers? Jeebus... I'm presuming there are still "waivers" when being sent down?

According to TP, Boucher was recovering from shoulder surgery finished his 6th month rehab on Jan 2, whereas Leighton has been ready to play.

"whereas Leighton has been ready to play" ... not throwing darts at you of course, but this is just funny as hell