Boucher back to Philly

Flyers97

I think it's just security and insurance.

They're going to be playing every other night. It's going to be playoff hockey from now until the hoist the cup. The chances of Bryz or Leighton getting hurt or needing a conditioning stint in the press box seem pretty high. Boucher is insurnace.

Obviously neither he nor leighton are the greatest candidates in the world, but one thing we know about both of them (especially Boucher) is that they have the ability to come off the bench and turn their games up a notch when truly needed.

Of course they're both 3 years older than when they both got hurt and could only save the team to the point of 2 cup finals wins.

AND... Obviously Bryz isn't the strongest candidate to make it through the season without a nervous breakdown or permanent Alien Abduction or something...

Who else can they sign before the playoffs?

I don't understand this one at all? Is Leighton on his way out again??

Laviolette loves Leighton.

He just likes playing the guy. Why? I don't know. But he does. Personally I still kinda want to beat him up for not telling the training staff that he slipped a disk int he cup finals so he could stay the starter... but that's just me.

I can't understand how Leighton could possibly be ahead of Boosh on the depth chart...!?

@King Knut

Leighton was a locked out player under contract that was not an ELC (i.e. like Schenn). Or it's an age thing. Anyway, I don't see how he could play on the Phantoms except under a separate AHL contract or something.

Leighton would have had to pass through waivers to be sent down to the Phantoms to play during the lockout. Since he wasn't put on waivers, it tells me:

1. Homer didn't want to take a chance on another team grabbing him

2. Homer wanted the young goalies in the system to get the work.

3. Combination of 1 & 2.

I was shocked to read in Metzler's column the other day.....the actual plan is to send Bouch down to the AHL and have Leights play back-up at the NHL level....this plan BLOWS MY MIND. Bouch had respectable numbers backing up Ward last year (to lazy to look them up, but they were sturdy numbers). If Bouch is not better than Leighton, I guess I don't know anything about goaltending....wtf.

I was shocked to read in Metzler's column the other day.....the actual plan is to send Bouch down to the AHL and have Leights play back-up at the NHL level....this plan BLOWS MY MIND. Bouch had respectable numbers backing up Ward last year (to lazy to look them up, but they were sturdy numbers). If Bouch is not better than Leighton, I guess I don't know anything about goaltending....wtf.

Well, would you rather Heeter learn from Leaky or Boosh? I'll take Boosh any day, and put Bryz in net until he collapses.

@doom88

that's a damn fine point what you're saying there, I am not a fan of Leighton's at all, i think he has not been a good teammate and has AHL skill, Heeter amd whomever else is a prospect at the goalie position in the organization would not be hurt at all by watching how Boosh prepares and carries himself as a professional hockey player, Leighton since he's been with the flyers hasn't behaved even remotely as mature as Boucher, not even close.

and play Bryzgalov until he collapses then buy him out. yes you my friend are in mid season form...

• Like 1

@doom88

I am not a fan of Leighton's at all, i think he has not been a good teammate and has AHL skill, Heeter amd whomever else is a prospect at the goalie position in the organization would not be hurt at all by watching how Boosh prepares and carries himself as a professional hockey player, Leighton since he's been with the flyers hasn't behaved even remotely as mature as Boucher, not even close.

and play Bryzgalov until he collapses then buy him out. yes you my friend are in mid season form...

I had the opportunity to see Leaky Leighton play in the AHL when he was first coming up with Chicago. At the time he played for the Norfolk Admirals. I had season tickets when I still lived in Va. Beach. Craig Anderson was his backup at the time. Leights has never been a good teammate. He was moody even when playing with the Ads. Being on the ice crew I had the chance to be down at the ice and around the players locker rooms and I heard many of stories of Leights blaming other when his performance sucked. Anderson was always the much better goal tender at the time, yet Leights was the starter. I still remember the night after the Phantoms posted 8 goals on Leighton and Trent Yawney (the Ads coach at the time), from what I heard literally threw the game tape up against the wall near Leighton all the while yell f-bombs galore and saying this performance was crap. The story I heard was that Leights didn't blink an eye, was emotionless and then proceeded to get bombed by the Hartford Wolkpack before being pulled.

So yeah..none of this suprises me. I always said to my friends at the time, Leights was gonna be a journeyman goaltender while Anderson would line himself up for a starting job. Anderson now is the starter for the Sens while Leighton flops around in the AHL.

Edited by pilldoc