Alex Galchenyuk: Montreal or Sarnia bound?

habsguy26

Alex Galchenyuk is coming off a gold medal victory from this past World Juniors with Team U.S.A. He has 62 points (including 27 goals) in 33 games in the OHL with The Sarnia Sting. But, is he good enough to make the Montreal Canadiens?

Yes.

Should be play for Montreal this season?

Yes.

Should he spend the season in Montreal?

No.

While many feel that he would be a perfect fit on the 2nd line with Plekanec and Gionta (me being one of those people) I do not think he should stick around the NHL for the entire season. Why? Why would they keep him?

Well, they'll keep him if he has a PPG pace.

Personally, I say keep him for the rookie limit and then send him back to Sarnia.

Discuss.

I thought the same thing about Couturier last year. I hated the thought of burning off a year of his ELC to just be a borderline NHLer.

I was wrong. He would have wasted his time in the Q. Galchenyuk has an even easier time making les Habs...and they need him even more than Philly needed Couturier. Different players, but I think he could stay up.

@habsguy26 Besides Pax and Cole, who is gonna score for the Habs....they need his offense in the worst way. There is even enough talent there to make a kid line and move them up to the second line....giving the whole line-up more depth. There fate still resides on how decent they are in their own end (ie how much they help out Price), but the offense def needs a boost.

On the flip-side of the coin I'm really hoping Scheifele gets sent back down to the Colts. Purely out of selfishness.

I think this guy is prolly right. Seems to be the consensus right now. Sounds like they might try him at wing in camp, see how he does.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/smart-move-is-to-send-scheifele-back-186909231.html