KHL rules Visnovsky cannot play without waiver

radoran

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/15/k-h-l-wont-allow-islander-to-play-without-waiver/

The K.H.L. said Tuesday that Lubomir Visnovsky would not be allowed to play for Slovan Bratislava in his native Slovakia unless the Islanders and the N.H.L. released him from his contract.

This was a losing proposition for him either way.

Teh Twitter notes that the NHL and KHL are talking about a "compromise" on this situation.

If I was the Islanders, I would want him to stay in Russia. Having him on the team will stunt the growth and ice time of Travis Harmonic. He would directly take power play time away from this kid, and that is to the teams detrement. I like what I see in this kid, not only his talented offensively, he plays a nice well rounded game and has a mean streak. The more pp time he gets, the more his talent will come out.

If I was the Islanders, I would want him to stay in Russia. Having him on the team will stunt the growth and ice time of Travis Harmonic. He would directly take power play time away from this kid, and that is to the teams detrement. I like what I see in this kid, not only his talented offensively, he plays a nice well rounded game and has a mean streak. The more pp time he gets, the more his talent will come out.

Well thought out. I agree.