Am I the only one?

jackhole

Hey! Glad to be back, good to see the place here buzzing again. Seems that everyone is optimistic about the flyers prospects this year including the 'press' types, and I hope they're right. Though I can't help feeling that this year, we could be in for a let down.

The offence should be sufficient, although beyond Giroux, we have few who could now be counted as consistent and potent scorers.

Defence might be adaquate, but they are a stiff breeze away from having half of them on the IR. Glad to see a righty with a pp shot picked up though.

Should I dare to comment on goal?

Anyway, not trying to be a negative Nancy, just bracing myself for the possibility of a lackluster season similar to '07, however, I don't others sharing in this sentiment, and if I missed out when the orange colored glasses were being passed around, could they please be sent back my way?

just bracing myself for the possibility of a lackluster season similar to '07

I honestly don't see this happening... I see the Flyers as a playoff team, maybe 6th in the east or so. The first couple of weeks will go a long way to showing what kind of a team we have. That said I certainly don't see us as cup contenders this year unless some huge moves are made on D and goal...

@jackhole The offense does not worry me one bit, we were second in the league in goals with a young squad that will only get better. Sure, Talbot had a career year, but that was due to be surrounded by more talent than he played with in Pittsburgh's checking line. Simmonds had a career year but I think he will pass or match it. The real acid test of this team will be the defensive zone coverage and the leaky goaltending. If we can keep that in check, it will be smooth sailing, but I'm pessimistic in that regard. We could be viewing a LOT of 7-6 shoot outs this shortened season.

@ruxpin I'm more pumped for this shortened season than any season in recent memory. I'm actually having trouble sleeping waiting for Saturday! The phrase "absence makes the heart grow fonder" certainly applies here, at least for me. This addict is about to get his fix....and I need it REAL BAD! I'm gonna main vain it and channel surf myself into a silly oblivion on Saturday!!!

• Like 1

@ruxpin I'm more pumped for this shortened season than any season in recent memory. I'm actually having trouble sleeping waiting for Saturday! The phrase "absence makes the heart grow fonder" certainly applies here, at least for me. This addict is about to get his fix....and I need it REAL BAD! I'm gonna main vain it and channel surf myself into a silly oblivion on Saturday!!!

I'm close to the same boat, only saved by the Ravens still fighting in the NFL playoffs. I never knew how much time I spent watching hockey until it was gone.

• Like 2

@doom88 My girlfriend is a HUGE Patriots fan....kinda really sick of getting it rubbed in. I will quietly be cheering for your Ravens this weekend. If they somehow pull of a miracle and beat the Pats at home, I will have a moment of bliss as I snicker to myself! GO RAVENS!!!