TSN NHL Power Rankings: Flyers ranked 9th overall and....

Vanflyer

In a shortened season, I can't see the Flyers missing the playoffs, but the seeding is likely to be a little crazy.

The difference between, say, 4th and 6th isn't going to be all that great (it usually isn't) but I think will be even closer this season, given the schedule.

I'd probably switch the Rangers and Pens , I think the addition of Nash puts them on top of a Pens squad that lost Jordan Staal.

I know they got Brandon Sutter for the 3rd line so maybe there is no defensive drop off but I don't see where any team gets better in the short term by trading a guy with Staal's size skills and insticts. over the course of the renewed rivalry with the pens his line has been the one that has produced the most daggers to the heart, he was a match up nightmare, now they better hope horsefaced jackass and malkinstien have crazy good dominating years because they are looking like a traditional top heavy 2 line team. The Rangers are solid all the way through their line up. and superior on defense and in net.

• Like 1

Seems about right. Generous even, if you think about our goalies (which personally I prefer not to), and our current situation on D.

I agree- and truthfully, I think that's right where we would want to be (avoid pitts, NYR and Boston in the first round).

I agree- and truthfully, I think that's right where we would want to be (avoid pitts, NYR and Boston in the first round).

I agree, but unfortunately if the Flyers are "4" in the East in terms of quality, they could easily be 5/6 in the seedings because of the "Division Champion" and face one of them.

1 Rags

2 Broons

3 SE Division

4 Pens

5 Flyers

• Like 1

@mojo1917 " I'd probably switch the Rangers and Pens , I think the addition of Nash puts them on top of a Pens squad that lost Jordan Staal."

For me, it comes down to...Jordan Stall can impose his will on opposing teams, can Brandon Sutter do that? Maybe in the future, but not at the level Jordan does....not right now.