Lilja, Boucher on Waivers

radoran

Teh Twitter informs me that the Flyers have put Andreas Lilja and Brian Boucher on waivers.

Boucher we kind of knew was coming - Homer said as much when he acquired him. Purpose is apparently to bring some veteran influence into the Phantoms' locker room and goalie development. That move effectively costs the Flyers $50K against the cap (Boucher's cap hit is $950K and under the new CBA anything over $900K can't be "buried").

Lilja's $737,500 will stay on the cap, however - as it is covered under the 35+ rule. This may just be a means of seeing if anyone wants to pick up Lilja.

Teh Twitter informs me that the Flyers have put Andreas Lilja and Brian Boucher on waivers.

Boucher we kind of knew was coming - Homer said as much when he acquired him. Purpose is apparently to bring some veteran influence into the Phantoms' locker room and goalie development. That move effectively costs the Flyers $50K against the cap (Boucher's cap hit is $950K and under the new CBA anything over $900K can't be "buried").

Lilja's $737,500 will stay on the cap, however - as it is covered under the 35+ rule. This may just be a means of seeing if anyone wants to pick up Lilja.

I understand the move, however, I prefer to have Boucher as the back-up and not Leaky Leighton......

MEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But not Shelley?

...sigh....

C'mon now Jody is such a presence in the lockerroom! :rolleyes:

Seriously though I think Shelly is still getting mileage out of that last game the season in 2010 when he scored 2 goals on the Flyers and we had to rely on Boosh to beat Lundqvist in a shootout to get into the playoffs

Seriously though I think Shelly is still getting mileage out of that last game the season in 2010 when he scored 2 goals on the Flyers and we had to rely on Boosh to beat Lundqvist in a shootout to get into the playoffs

No kidding. Talk about milking that magical moment all the way to the bank

How the hell does Shelley still even have a job?? (scratchin my head)....I mean seriously...I wish I could get paid for doing absolutely nothing......what a waste of a roster spot.....

I'll tell you why Shelley has been practicing on defense because a lack of bodies and while doing this they actually found out (sad to say) heeven plays better defense than Lilja and is faster...and can fight sort of still...so there ya go!

@pilldoc

I'm getting paid right now to hit penguins with a club in an online game, so I can see how it happens. But sheesh, Homer can be loyal to a fault. Just like Clarkie.

Glad to see you got it working...what's your high score..I have a screen print of my all time high of 900. :D

How the hell does Shelley still even have a job?? (scratchin my head)....I mean seriously...I wish I could get paid for doing absolutely nothing......what a waste of a roster spot.....

Indeed... You could be a congressman.... a weatherman..... or...

@DaGreatGazoo

1079.3 I kid you not. Had one other above 1000 and a few in the 900s. I did play it for 3 hours straight so I got fairly good I must say.

That is awesome! Its addicting! I haven't played since before Christmas....need to get back into the swing of things. HA HA HA!