Bob #72

Samifan

@Vanflyer You think so?

Do you think he is a better goalie (skill wise) than Bryz?

I think he is younger, more athletic, cheaper, but more raw. For all those reasons, I would have kept him. There was some scuttlebut that despite being compatriots, they did not get along at all. Breezy would not even talk to him for weeks at a time.

@Vanflyer Yeah, I don't get dealing him for a 2nd round pick. Sure, it may have been a favour to Bob, letting him escape the 9 year Bryz contract....but you don't do favours at the detriment of your own team. Once again, no forethought to the Philly plan, how did they not think there would be a buy out in the new CBA....common sense dictates the cap would go down, and once again...the buy out would be front and central to helping the teams become cap complacent. So, we will cut Bryz most likely, but gave up his successor for a measly second round pick.....I may be sick.

• Like 1

I think he is younger, more athletic, cheaper, but more raw. For all those reasons, I would have kept him. There was some scuttlebut that despite being compatriots, they did not get along at all. Breezy would not even talk to him for weeks at a time.

I would take Bob any day versus Leighton or Boucher. Any day.

• Like 2

I would take Bob any day versus Leighton or Boucher. Any day.

The problem is that I think bob would be wasted as a backup. I think he needs to start in order to get better. Breezy does not seem like the kind of goalie that platoons very well. He needs lots of games. So, you are at a quagmire. I would have rather kept bob, platooned him with Breezy and then buy out breezy next summer (if for not other reason than the size and length of his contract).

Trapped in Ohio as a Wings, fan, I do watch a fair share of Jackets games as well, and Bob LOOKED like a goalie out there against the Preds. He had a calm confidence, something that Mason has been missing since Hitchcock left.

Flyers and Canucks 0-2. Wings lose 6 to zip to the Blues. Dont panic anyone it is a short season but not a one or two game season, the universe will straighten itself out shortly. Nobody needs to jump off any rooftops yet....

Now if my Wings lose tonight to the Jackets, well......

• Like 1

The problem is that I think bob would be wasted as a backup. I think he needs to start in order to get better. Breezy does not seem like the kind of goalie that platoons very well. He needs lots of games. So, you are at a quagmire. I would have rather kept bob, platooned him with Breezy and then buy out breezy next summer (if for not other reason than the size and length of his contract).

Bryz does not seem to be a problem, at least through the first two games. At least not a problem for the present time. But that could change. My move would have been to keep Bob, as you suggest, and platooned him with Bryz. But the Flyers organization have so much riding financially and otherwise on Bryz, that they could not risk threatening Bryz in any way, so Bob went. Put someone in like Leighton that knows their place and will not make any waves. The organization has proven to be very weak historically at identifying and developing goalies. But then, I can just speculate as I am not the GM.

Trapped in Ohio as a Wings, fan, I do watch a fair share of Jackets games as well, and Bob LOOKED like a goalie out there against the Preds.

Bob second star tonight against you wings. He looked pretty darn good and got beat by a marvelous goal in the shoot out.

In two games he has shined (he should have gotten a star in the win against nashville). He has a .938 sv pctg in two games and got 3-out-4 points. His save pctg in the shoot out is .900 (9 out of 10), which is pretty damn impressive.

Nice come back win by Detroit.

• Like 1

Anyone see Bob"s game against the Wings? Greatly improved fundamentals! *sigh*..................

I'll wait until he's played at least 10-15 games. With Universe ahead of him, he wasn't going to get anywhere near the amount of games he needs to get better, so I'm happy for him that he's actually competing for the #1 spot.

Like Brelic, I'd like to wait at least 10-15 games before passing judgement on Bob in Columbus. I will say I was not at all impressed with him in Philly. He'd play well for a handful of games and then sputter out. Every time he was given the reigns, he ultimately failed. Maybe it was the situation, his age, lights in his eyes, I don't know. Maybe things will be different in Columbus. But until I see a break in his track record I won't change my opinion of him.

The second round pick was decent compensation. There's all kinds of goalies floating around, some better, some worse, some comparable. There just isn't a huge trade market for them unless they're packaged...and then it's arguable that the return was based on whatever else was in the package.

He wasn't going to be a backup. He more than proved to me that he's not capable of coming in cold or sitting for long periods of time and then starting. I'll take the second round pick.

Is he better than Boosh or Leighton? I have a 1992 manual lawn mower that is better than Boosh or Leighton. For spot duty, though, Boosh=Leighton=Bob. For long periods of time? We're screwed either way.

Top five speculationjs of why Bob is wearing number 72 IMO:

5. The main interstate going in to Columbis is 71, he may be looking for 72 to get the hell out of there

4. Because that is all the higher he can count in english

3. Because he hopes it wont take that many years for the Jackets to have a winning season

2. Because with the Jackets that is the average amount of shots he expects to face nightly

1. Secretly fathered by Vlad Tretiak, the soviet superstar goalie from the 1972 summit series

• Like 1

Another knee jerk reaction by the King of panic, Homer. He should only be in charge of forwards, he could not deal for a goalie or d-man if his life depended on it....I will wait for my judgement on Luke, but other than that....Homer's track record on adding vet d-men is tragically funny....Lilja, Walker, the list goes on and on....good Lord. What kind of organization gives up on a promising prospect with a WICKED skill set like Bob, just to do him a favour....it's MINDBOGGLING!!!

• Like 1

Another knee jerk reaction by the King of panic, Homer. He should only be in charge of forwards, he could not deal for a goalie or d-man if his life depended on it....I will wait for my judgement on Luke, but other than that....Homer's track record on adding vet d-men is tragically funny....Lilja, Walker, the list goes on and on....good Lord. What kind of organization gives up on a promising prospect with a WICKED skill set like Bob, just to do him a favour....it's MINDBOGGLING!!!