TWO FREAKING GOALS THEY TOOK AWAY

Guest Philly29

HOW MUCH ARE YOU GUYS GETTING PAID YOU MOTHER *****G REFS. I HOPE YOU GUYS *****G DIE!!!! What a *****g shame when these piece of **** officials rig a *****g game. The *****g puck corsses the line before the whistle is blown. They saw the puyck going in that why they called it. I am not over reacting this was a *****g rigged game. That first goal they took back was a horrid as the second. Miller wasnt even *****g touched. God forbid me saying I hope the refs die I am sorry but its *****g horrible.

Edited by Philly29
  • Like 4

Com'n now... This happens. Refs will blow it once in a while. It's life. Let's not try to veil what will plague this team: inadequate defense and a bad goaltender, who gets paid like an elite one but plays like and AHL-caliber. It's not refs' fault this is a bad team.

Com'n now... This happens. Refs will blow it once in a while. It's life. Let's not try to veil what will plague this team: inadequate defense and a bad goaltender, who gets paid like an elite one but plays like and AHL-caliber. It's not refs' fault this is a bad team.

How is a bad team when they should of won the game. If the two goals were not taken away this would of been a different game all together. Bryz has been playing pretty well if you ask me. Yes the team has not been playing up to its potential but with that being said they are not being blown away either.
  • Like 1

I agree Mad Dog, but its hard enough for the Flyers to overcome their own problems as a team. They don't need the officials making it even more lopsided than they already are themselves. In other words, let us dig our own hole -- we obviously don't need any help from the officials. The refs just make it that much deeper and that's something we can do without.

How is a bad team when they should of won the game. If the two goals were not taken away this would of been a different game all together. Bryz has been playing pretty well if you ask me. Yes the team has not been playing up to its potential but with that being said they are not being blown away either.

One goal they took away could be argued. The other one - the rules are the rules. But even with that possibly being the case, refs will make mistakes. They are not out to get the Flyers. The same stuff happens in other games.

I thought Bryz had a decent game yesterday. Today, he was mediocre. In fact the game this afternoon was what Bryz is all about: he did not play terribly, but he didn't do enough to help the team win. That's where he made his mark. He just does not make incredible saves and hardly ever wins games by himself.

The defense looks immobile and ineffective. I don't know how anyone can even argue that. But frankly, I am not upset because this is exactly what was expected before the season even started. I expected the Flyers to struggle exactly in these two departments: defense and net. So far that's exactly what's happening.

One goal they took away could be argued. The other one - the rules are the rules. But even with that possibly being the case, refs will make mistakes. They are not out to get the Flyers. The same stuff happens in other games.

I thought Bryz had a decent game yesterday. Today, he was mediocre. In fact the game this afternoon was what Bryz is all about: he did not play terribly, but he didn't do enough to help the team win. That's where he made his mark. He just does not make incredible saves and hardly ever wins games by himself.

The defense looks immobile and ineffective. I don't know how anyone can even argue that. But frankly, I am not upset because this is exactly what was expected before the season even started. I expected the Flyers to struggle exactly in these two departments: defense and net. So far that's exactly what's happening.

I don't know about you but I was not expecting a 1 for 9 start to the PP.

So the refs get off the hook by making two "blow it once in a while" calls that cost the Flyers a chance for a win but the Flyers can not get off the hook for a few bad plays themselves? Ths is not a bad team, don't know what your looking at. Sure not perfect...the passing could be better ,can not maintain an offensive presence but where not getting blown away. This team is going to be fine, not worried about this team worried about the refs. There corrupt as the *****g owner of the league is.

Also like I said before God forgive me for hoping death on an individual, I am very sorry, very imature of me. I was coming down of my beer buzz and I was just freaking out.

Well they did miss a chance to take one away from the Sabres too(his stick did not touch the puck, it was his skate). The penalty calls( other than the disallowed goals )have been fair but BOTH of the disallowed goals should have been overturned on replay. Those are 4 CRITICAL lost points in a shortened season. If you are going to have replay, it needs to be used to correct wrong calls. For God sakes, even Doc Emerick called it an injustice........

They're not exactly lighting the lamp, either. I think the offense will probably come in time, but at the same time, I wouldn't single out the D and the G. The O ain't that good, either.

Well they did miss a chance to take one away from the Sabres too(his stick did not touch the puck, it was his skate). The penalty calls( other than the disallowed goals )have been fair but BOTH of the disallowed goals should have been overturned on replay. Those are 4 CRITICAL lost points in a shortened season. If you are going to have replay, it needs to be used to correct wrong calls. For God sakes, even Doc Emerick called it an injustice........

I didn't see much more than 10 minutes total of the game...real time, not game time. But I did get to see the goal you're talking about. They made the right call but for the wrong reason. I don't see how the puck possibly touched his stick, but there wasn't a kicking motion, either. It's a good goal, but the "hit the stick" reasoning was a little weird. I didn't see the first called back Flyer goal either live or on replay. The second goal was clearly a goal, but not reviewable.

MadDog,

I'll never buy the "refs are out to get us" stuff. I see some of these loose pucks blown dead because the ref lost sight stuff quite a bit, even in non-Flyer games (I do think in Flyer games it does happen more to the Flyers, but it's possibly either because of their goal-mouth scramble style of play OR the fact I'm a Flyer fan so I'm going to be more likely to remember the calls against). It seems to me, though, that the back end ref somehow needs to do a better job of being in position. I don't think that on this particular play that the ref was where he needed to be. It's not anti-Flyer as much as it was--in this case, anyway-- somewhat lazy officiating.

• Like 1

I didn't hear this complaint yesterday when officials tried to help you win the home opener. ;)

Seriously though, I can't find video of them, but early whistles happen ALL the time. Your Flyers are like my Pens now in that they like run & gun hockey. The more you score the more you'll have early whistles disallowing them too. The second one meant nothing as the game was decided by then. Would Fedorenko's goal have changed the course of the game? We'll never know. But it looked to me from the stats and highlights the Sabres outplayed your boys. You had a 2-1 lead and couldn't hold it, I dunno that one more mattered. Two PPG's in a row seemed to shift momentum.

I didn't hear this complaint yesterday when officials tried to help you win the home opener. ;)

Seriously though, I can't find video of them, but early whistles happen ALL the time. Your Flyers are like my Pens now in that they like run & gun hockey. The more you score the more you'll have early whistles disallowing them too. The second one meant nothing as the game was decided by then. Would Fedorenko's goal have changed the course of the game? We'll never know. But it looked to me from the stats and highlights the Sabres outplayed your boys. You had a 2-1 lead and couldn't hold it, I dunno that one more mattered. Two PPG's in a row seemed to shift momentum.

I agree and disagree. I agree we had a 2-1 lead and couldn't hold it. However, in regards to the 2nd diallowed goal..it absolutely mattered. At the time the Sabres were up 4-2. If the goal is allowed then it is 4-3 with about 2 min. and change to play. As you know anything can happend in the last 2 min. The Sabres outplayed the Flyers in the 1st period. During the 2nd period the Flyers had all the momentum. The 3rd period you could tell the Flyers where gassed with ithis being their 2nd game in less than 24 hrs. I'm not gonna sit here and piss and moan about all the bad calls, those happen.

However, I think the 1st disallowed call was bogus, simply becauase IMO, it looked like Miller was trying to play the puck outside of the crease, not by much, but just enough IMO that the goal should have stood. Miller got runned at last year and now we are going to protect him....please..(rolling my eyes).

The 2nd disallowed goal was equally bogus. That was way to quick of a whistle. Way to quick. It is the responsibilty of the referee to hustle his butt to try to see where the puck is. The ref was soorly out of position. He is an NHL official and he should hustle like one. This is not pee-wee hockey. I have seen plays last much longer before a whistle is called.

Bottom line the Flyers had a 2-1 lead and failed to hold on to it. As I mention yesterday during the game chat, there seams to be alot of lame calls being made in everygame. The Flyers defense is lacking and they seem sluggish. May take awhile for everyone to get their game legs.

Am I upset about the calls...you bet, however I also understand that the reasons the Flyers lost were because of breakdown in defensive coverage. See Exhibit A. I believe on the Sabres 2nd goal (which tied the game), the Flyers were caught in an awful change. Big time breakdown there.

So while the disallowed goals certainly were not the sole reason the Flyers lost, it certainly did not help.

PS I agree the Pens called with their share of lame calls against them vs the Flyers in the opener. The Flyers had their chances to win and just did not finish.

Edited by pilldoc

I agree and disagree. I agree we had a 2-1 lead and couldn't hold it. However, in regards to the 2nd diallowed goal..it absolutely mattered. At the time the Sabres were up 4-2. If the goal is allowed then it is 4-3 with about 2 min. and change to play. As you know anything can happend in the last 2 min. The Sabres outplayed the Flyers in the 1st period. During the 2nd period the Flyers had all the momentum. The 3rd period you could tell the Flyers where gassed with ithis being their 2nd game in less than 24 hrs. I'm not gonna sit here and piss and moan about all the bad calls, those happen.

However, I think the 1st disallowed call was bogus, simply becauase IMO, it looked like Miller was trying to play the puck outside of the crease, not by much, but just enough IMO that the goal should have stood. Miller got runned at last year and now we are going to protect him....please..(rolling my eyes).

The 2nd disallowed goal was equally bogus. That was way to quick of a whistle. Way to quick. It is the responsibilty of the referee to hustle his butt to try to see where the puck is. The ref was soorly out of position. He is an NHL official and he should hustle like one. This is not pee-wee hockey. I have seen plays last much longer before a whistle is called.

Bottom line the Flyers had a 2-1 lead and failed to hold on to it. As I mention yesterday during the game chat, there seams to be alot of lame calls being made in everygame. The Flyers defense is lacking and they seem sluggish. May take awhile for everyone to get their game legs.

Am I upset about the calls...you bet, however I also understand that the reasons the Flyers lost were because of breakdown in defensive coverage. See Exhibit A. I believe on the Sabres 2nd goal (which tied the game), the Flyers were caught in an awful change. Big time breakdown there.

So while the disallowed goals certainly were not the sole reason the Flyers lost, it certainly did not help.

PS I agree the Pens called with their share of lame calls against them vs the Flyers in the opener. The Flyers had their chances to win and just did not finish.

Well said. I'll defer to your opinions of the calls as mine were on replays and without the totality of the game environment to support them. Just how I saw the initial calls. I agree the whistle was quick, but as said that will happen to you a lot more now that you see your Flyers with run & gun capability. The second goal I didn't comment about other than to wonder if it really mattered at that point. I missed that it was 4-2 rather than 5-2 at that point though, so I defer to you on that one.

I agree the whistle was quick, but as said that will happen to you a lot more now that you see your Flyers with run & gun capability.

Agreed. It's the run & gun and the crash the crease thing. You get multiple bodies in and around the crease and it increases the chance the ref loses sight of the puck...and blows the play dead. It's a good way to score goals, but it also increases the chances of premature stoppage. You take the good with the bad (or bad with the good). It's not a conspiracy; it's just the nature of the beast.

• Like 1

No problem. All is good. The 5th goal was an ENG just in case you were wondering.....

Upon further review... I think the first goal being disallowed was the right call. Fedotenko pushes Miller backwards and as he does so the puck hits his back and goes into the net. If Fedotenko had just made body contact without raising his arms and extending them into Miller I don't think they'd have called it. The whistle wasn't just early though on the other, it was SUPER early.

Not having Jagr is gonna hurt more than people realize......but 4.5 / 2yrs...just a tad too much......

I agree from a leadership standpoint but not so much from a production standpoint. A compressed schedule isn't going to favor someone who was already starting to breakdown 1/2 way through a standard season.