Panic Moves

Lindbergh31

If by shutdown center you mean a center who is by himself already shut down...

Like Bakersfield Condor Kyle Calder?

Or San Antonio Rampage(r?) Jon Sim?

Or Iserlohn Rooster Mike York? (no, seriously, the Iserlohn Roosters - best nacho stand in Germany)

Or SCL Tiger Robert Esche?

I think HC Bílí Tygři Liberec center Petr Nedved is about as "shut down" as them :-)

• Like 2

The way this season has started.......why make a move? The Flyers can simply draft Seth Jones #1 overall in 6 months!!

Seth Jones is exactly what this team needs and I doubt it will take him too long to make the jump into the nhl.

then again, giving the history of the Flyers, they will lose the lottery and get stuck with JVR again :(

Breaking News.............."In the ultimate show of panic, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is said to be interersted in bringing Kyle Calder, Mike York and Jon Sim and Robert Esche back to the Flyers (e4)"

I can see the masses linnig up on the Walt Whitman bridge now......... :ph34r:

I hear Jiri Dopita is the best center in any oldtimers league outside of North America. We should give him a shot.

Hell if we are going down this road how about:

Niko Dimitrakos

Nolan Baumgartner

Matt Ellison (the player we got in return for the Patrick Sharp trade) :blink:

Lasse Kukkonen

Those 4 alone would help in securing the #1 pick! :lol:

@Bertmega " I would give up B Schenn, Couturier, and a 1st for Price and Subban."

Very interesting proposal Bert. The thing is, we get Price just ready to enter his prime, and the young stud d-man. So we lose a big chunk of our future in B.Schenn and Couts, BUT, if there is one thing the Flyers have proven time in and time out, they CAN draft young stud forwards, they can't however, draft d-men or goalies if their lives depended on it......so to have Subban and Price handed to you on a silver platter like that, damn, that is tempting. All you would have to do is re-stock the center positon, and hope to God Danny.B has a few good years left in him. The only way we can get a stud dman and goalie it to trade for them, and they won't come cheap.

@Bertmega " I would give up B Schenn, Couturier, and a 1st for Price and Subban."

and they won't come cheap.

If you had Subban and Price coming into their primes on the Flyers, would you trade them for two as-yet-unproven, yet promising, forwards and a low round first?

'cause I wouldn't.

@radoran Yeah, I was thinking that also, but *if* they realize they are not close to contention, why not go really young and build a strong core down the middle...chances are, the Habs will not be at championship level while Price is there, they are basically a few notches up from an expansion team, this move would solidify them at center for years. When is the last time the Habs had a star center in his prime? Denis Savard, Jaques Lemaire....that is a long time. They are as brutal at drafting centers as the Flyers are with goalies.