Subban *UPDATE*

habsguy26

Habsguy26 Poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Habs trade Subban?

• Yes
    • No

The Habs and P.K Subban are SO far apart.

Marc Bergevin and owner Geoff Molson were in Toronto last night, meeting with Subban at his home, along with Subban's agent. Apparently, no ground was gained on a new deal.

The Habs want 2 years at 3 million (or something similar to the contract of MDZ), and they are using Del Zotto's contract in their negotiations for sure. But, Subban and his camp are seeking 8 years at around 6 million (ala Tyler Myers). Yeah, thanks Darcy Regier.

Today, Subban sat down with The Montreal Gazzette:

"Do I see myself playing for any other team? From a business standpoint, I'm sure there are other teams where I could fit in and be a big part of things moving forward, give them a chance to win. But ultimately, deep down inside, I want to play for the Montreal Canadiens."

That quote raises a question. Would the Habs dare trade P.k's rights?

TSN was showing the Leafs-Pens game last night, and 1st intermission they host a game show called "The Quiz". The contestants (Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Darren Pang and Aaron Ward {yes, that Aaron Ward} ) were asked a simple question: Do you believe the Habs will trade P.k Subban?

They're response? Yes.

But, who knows? No one knows. Marc Bergevin has never been in this situation before so we will have to wait and see wait happens.

Happy Hockey

He'd be a good fit on the Bruins. They have a lot of veteran leadership to keep him in check, he could play with his brother.....only problem, I don't think the Habs will even trade him in conference, much less in their own division.

• Like 1

He has great skills but he needs his head screwed on straight. Needs to go to a team with solid leadership to keep him in check (don't ask me who or what team)

well, he already played with some solid veterans and they couldn't get his head on straight. Hall Gill comes to mind.... I think he gave up on the kid.

• Like 1