Mass Removed from Gagne's Neck

hf101

As per twitter,

@JasonGregor: Simon Gagne had a tumour the size of a tennis ball removed from his neck during the summer. He is now healthy and headache free.

I was wondering why he wasn't playing. Glad he is ok.

Edited by hf101
Changed title as the mass was not a tumor

You gotta wonder with all the scans and tests they must've been doing on gags for years... how does a tumor get THAT BIG without being detected!?

ahhh... just found this on HF Boards

"This is an interview with Simon Gagne , in which he speaks about the

the mass (size of a tennis ball) that was removed from his neck .

http://www.simongagne.com/2012/07/17...s-in-the-neck/

It was three years growing and the cause of pain for all that time. He says the Philly and TB team doctors wouldb't remove it; the Kings doctors did and he feels good, really good.

He said that the Dec injury was treated as a concussion but really wasn't; the pain he suffered originally attributed to concussions was really due to the mass and the location.

Good for him, good for the Kings, he''ll be 100% and pain free for the first time in years."

thanks. wow. amazing that the doctors wouldn't remove it.

A tumor on the spinal chord is no small matter. Not one team, but two teams doctors said they would not do it. There are significant liability issues in such an operation. I just lost a ton of respect for simon. He has multi-millions of dollars and if he knew he had this problem and did not tack care of it himself, than eff off.

Ask yourself a question- if you know you have a tumor in your neck / spinal chord region, would you take care of it regardless of your employers doctors opinions when you are a gazzilionaire?

Dick (gagne - not you).

A tumor on the spinal chord is no small matter. Not one team, but two teams doctors said they would not do it. There are significant liability issues in such an operation. I just lost a ton of respect for simon. He has multi-millions of dollars and if he knew he had this problem and did not tack care of it himself, than eff off.

Ask yourself a question- if you know you have a tumor in your neck / spinal chord region, would you take care of it regardless of your employers doctors opinions when you are a gazzilionaire?

Dick (gagne - not you).

I completely disagree. Why should he go against what TWO different team's doctors suggested and find a backwoods lab coat to remove it? Maybe, he wasn't a candidate for a reason earlier on? Maybe one of the LA doctors specialized in some technique that made it safer for them to remove? Maybe the surgical research field developed and proved a new technique that made the extraction a safer process? Maybe LA just has more talented docs?

(sarcasm) It is LA after all, plenty of plastic and silicon, why not a few legit doctors eh? (/sarcasm)

So Gagne is supposed to just say his money knows more than licensed docs just because? Lost respect for Gagne? Seriously? NO. I think you're being a dick, short sighted, or both.

Really now, this sounds like a serious surgery and you're going to mock the guy because he's rich? I know a few people who refuse to get back/neck procedures because of the dangers, not the costs. You can't buy a new spinal cord, and walking is very underrated.

Really now, this sounds like a serious surgery and you're going to mock the guy because he's rich? I know a few people who refuse to get back/neck procedures because of the dangers, not the costs. You can't buy a new spinal cord, and walking is very underrated.

I over-reacted to the article. I just sounded very cavalier to me on Gange's part. I am sure it is like you said.

Given that, team doctors are often wrong (look at Crosby, lindros, etc.).