Finally a game I enjoyed watching

fan4ever

Wow what a game last night. I was prepared to shut it down early but it kept me on the edge of my seat all night (and I was in my living room). I thought all played well and they deserved this win. The major kill was something to watch. Does anyone think that we were intentionally icing the puck? Seemed wierd.

Let's keep it up!!!!!!!!!

Awesome game last night! Kudos to EVERY player for remembering how to play Hockey. There were several Icing calls that should have been waived off but were not. At the end of the game, I think they were taking the least of the evils when no good options were available they just cleared the puck. It required minimal effort and was killing 10 seconds off the clock each time they did it. It kept them from scrambling and getting out of position. Last night was a perfect example of what the Flyers want to see out of Bryz. He was not perfect, but he did make a couple of those above average saves and that kept everyone skating for 60 minutes. Gervais is the only guy I had any issues with and is was not his defense but his incredibly WEAK slap shot. How do you get to the NHL without being able to get a slap shot over 50 MPH...............

Does anyone think that we were intentionally icing the puck? Seemed wierd.

No, I think Timonen was trying to clear it without putting too much on it. He came up long on all 3 attempts. Maddening, but I think in a few weeks he has the touch back and makes that play. For once, we won a bunch of faceoffs when it really mattered.

Finally a game I enjoyed attending! Crowd was great last night cheering at all the right times for the little things they did right and really encouraging the boys during the 5 on 3 kill. There were few Rags fans there which was a bonus too. Also of note last year we Flyers fans were jeered with the "you can't beat us chant" by Rags scum fans to which we had no retort. On the way out of the game last night we all responded with "we just beat you!" to the few Rags fans that were exiting with us. Kudos to all the fans who recall their humiliation of us least year and who decided to respond at the appropriate time.

Why not ice the puck at the end of a game. 10 sec a pop, skaters lose no energy. Makes a little sense actually.

Only if you win faceoffs. If we lost one of those faceoffs and they scored you'd have a very different perspective.

• Like 1

And remarkably they did, four straight, if I recall correctly, and if they weren't won cleanly, at least they weren't lost cleanly either.

Yup, and I'm still in shock. Surely it can't last, this new found fadeoff prowess.

well, they were still 27-33 in faceoffs. Couturier was the only one who was over 50%. It just seems like this is one area where they have never done well over the past decade, but maybe that's just me.

@AJgoal

Not just you, we have sucked for a long time in the faceoff circle.

Admittedly our expectations were raised to unrealistic levels by guys like Clarkie, Ron Sutter etc. At this point I`d settle for something that is consistently over 50% - is that too much to ask for?