Bylsma shuffling lines already...

B21

Didn't take long for Tangradi to end up in Bylsma's dog house. Ice time by period against the Leaves? 2:25 / :36 / :26....

Lines for tonight at the Jets...

Kunitz / Crosby / Dupuis

Kennedy / Malkin / Neal

Cooke / Sutter / Glass

Adams / Vitale / Tangradi

Kunitz / Crosby / Dupuis

Kennedy / Malkin / Neal

Cooke / Sutter / Glass

Adams / Vitale / Tangradi

Yeah, in a short season the leash gets even shorter. What do you feel Tangradi's problem is? He's got the size and the tools and he's had the chances. He's not a 4th liner, so has he landed there en route to Wilkes-Barre?

Could be he just found out that Tangradi is a Philly boy so he no longer trusts him..........(I have not seen enough of the Penguins this year to formulate any real opinion on his play so I figured i would throw out some pointless conjecture... :) )

Yeah, in a short season the leash gets even shorter. What do you feel Tangradi's problem is? He's got the size and the tools and he's had the chances. He's not a 4th liner, so has he landed there en route to Wilkes-Barre?

I'm not sure he's had "chances". In most of his stints in the NHL he's been on the 4th line...not even the 3rd....but the 4th. Despite his size he's not really a banger; at least not as much as you would expect. That's not his game. I know it's a short season but I would have given the kid more than 2 games (I discount the Leafs game due to his lack of ice time). Plus, you have one of if not THE best 3rd line in the NHL as far as what a 3rd line is supposed to do with Cooke/Sutter/Kennedy. Malkin and Neal can put up points with a pylon as the other winger.

I just would have given it a few more games.

I just think it is too early.

I don't think this should come as a surprise really, Blysma said there would be an open competition for that spot and that it would extend into the season, if Tangredi wasnt' setting the world on fire , time to try someone else. When you have good chemistry on a line you can see it pretty quicklly, maybe the points aren't there yet but the chances are being generated and they're dictating play. He knows what he's looking for and if he's not seeing it then there is no harm trying someone else for a time to see if that guy can make it work better. it could also be used as a motivational tool .

i wouldn't be concerned. tinkering with whom to play opposite of Neal on Malkin's wing is a small problem to have.

@B21

Cheers. Yeah, you'd think they'd give him a couple of more games. So they basically didn't like what they saw in those 2 games?

Apparently he missed a wide open streaking Malkin on an offensive rush. God forbid.

I'm trying not to be that guy who wants every prospect with promise called up but....the options are Tangradi, Dustin Jeffrey or Beau Bennett. You know what you get with the two former. Why not give the latter a cup of coffee?