Sestito

pensuck

I'm pretty sure it was a coincidence that the Flyers won their first game while he was in the lineup. I like when he's in there. He hits everyone, fights anyone and is a high energy guy. He actually had some nice plays last night too. I hope he stays up.

• Like 3

He looked good out there last night, the guy can play. That interference call against him was total BS, the guy he hit had just played the puck with his glove.

I think it might be a case of Lavi putting him OR Rinaldo in the lineup, but probably not both. Unless maybe you dress Rinaldo instead of Wellwood?

Anyway, I'd like to see Sestito get more games.

I think it might be a case of Lavi putting him OR Rinaldo in the lineup, but probably not both.

I think that's right unless you have no choice - like last night with both him and Shelley dressed.

Unless maybe you dress Rinaldo instead of Wellwood?

I don't like that idea. Wellwood was dynamite last night. He has to be one of the fastest skaters in the entire league. You need that to pressure the puck, which he did excellently last night I thought. Plus he can kill penalties if need be.

• Like 3

I don't like that idea. Wellwood was dynamite last night. He has to be one of the fastest skaters in the entire league. You need that to pressure the puck, which he did excellently last night I thought. Plus he can kill penalties if need be. """"""

@Podein25

You basically described Sharpe coming out of UVM. We all know what happened there. I am with you. Let Wellwood play and develop.

In my opinion, the sharpe trade is the worst deal I have ever witnessed. I was pissed at the time of the trade and the rest is history

• Like 1

I don't like that idea. Wellwood was dynamite last night. He has to be one of the fastest skaters in the entire league. You need that to pressure the puck, which he did excellently last night I thought. Plus he can kill penalties if need be.

Ya, I think you're right. There were the reports of Wellwood slacking a bit in Adirondack during the lockout. But as long as he keeps his effort up, I like what he brings to the lineup for sure. Maybe the Flyers can platoon Rinaldo & Sestito (assuming the rest of the regulars are healthy) to get Sestito some more playing time.

I think the line of Sesito Wellwood Rinaldo would be KUNG POW enter the fist.......DY NOO MIITE!!

I like switching Rinaldo for Shelley on that line although Jody Shelley played very good the other night against the rags. Rinaldo will add more quickness to the line and will create more offensive opportunities for that 4th line.

You basically described Sharpe coming out of UVM. We all know what happened there. I am with you. Let Wellwood play and develop.

In my opinion, the sharpe trade is the worst deal I have ever witnessed. I was pissed at the time of the trade and the rest is history

I'm not going to disagree, but hindsight is always 20-20.

Anyway a fair point: we give up on young players with potential too soon. But part of that is us fans, always calling for trades, calling for bloody murder, calling for cakes to be baked. I mean, if our good friend Aziz was GM Giroux would have been traded. So we have some responsibility too in our demands of the management such as they are.

By the way, Ì`ve always liked your screen name...

• Like 1

with the days of enforcers being only a shell of what it used to be, having one on your roster is nearly a waste. There are a few good ones and I am now, and always will be, a big fan. Unless the Flyers go get one of these guys, there is no point in wasting a roster spot that can be filled with a potential skill guy, one who may develop into a regular player.

I just think it is a testament to how bad things are, when you are having a discussion about the upsides of Jody Shelley and Tom Sestito, and about the possibility of then playing with Zac Rinaldo

@pensuck

i'm a fan of the tito train too, he's sort of how i see the tough guy role evolving in the new NHL, he has some hockey skills and can play, he looks like a runaway refrigerator on the ice.

not sure what he needs to do other than be patient and wait for Shelley's deal to expire (so he can be come a coach in the system) then assume Shelley's role. Say what you will about Jody Shelley, he loves the game and will do anything to be around it, i'll bet he makes a good coach one day.

Say what I will about Jody Shelley ....OK!

He is in the league for one reason only, to fight. However, last season he did this 6 times in 30 games. So every five games (on average), we can expect him to do what he is paid for. And since he loses as many as he wins, he is ineffective at his job to boot. In the real world you get fired for this type of production

@

LOL,

No argument from me there.I see your point,

He must be a hellofaguy in the room to stick around on the NHL team.

I respect his love of the game and willingness to do whatever the staff asks him to do to play it.

I don't like that idea. Wellwood was dynamite last night. He has to be one of the fastest skaters in the entire league. You need that to pressure the puck, which he did excellently last night I thought. Plus he can kill penalties if need be. """"""

@Podein25

Don't even get me started on the Sharp trade. I groan every time I see him on the ice with Chicago. Over the years we have just traded away to many players that have developed nicely for other teams. Keep Wellwood and let him develop here.

• Like 1

here's my thing... if you are a Linebacker and you go play in Chicago, Baltimore or Pissburg, you know the legacy there for your position. You want to win the crowd, just be a badass.

In basketball, you go to LA with a razzle dazzle game and mad scoring ability, you will be loved

Baseball, hit .350 with the Yankees, with 30 HR's

In hockey, if you'ree a fighter and you come to the Flyers, it should be destiny. If a brain dead retard like Riley Cote can get a billboard, a good fighter should know he can win this crowd and city. Go out there and make the best of every shift. Drill somebody! hit anything that moves and then beat the piss out the first guy who says squat about it. I know you have to contend witht he coach... blah, blah, blah. Whatever. Youare going to get fired anyway so you might as well take some prisoners with you. Hell you might just find yourself a regular shift.

i got a kick out of Bill Lindsey telling the story of how Luke Richardson pummeled him becasue Paul Laus beat a Flyers scorer. maybe we should twitter that to Jody Shelley. I mean seriously, you mouth breathing neanderthal, you have a chance to be lengedary. We all know you have the heart. Step up and be a Flyer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not going to disagree, but hindsight is always 20-20

Some us yelled at the time. It was dumb the second it was announced. So was the Emminger thing, by the way.

Seriously, though, if anyone claims they knew Sharp would become what he did, they're probably lying. But I was REALLY upset about the trade at the time because I really liked him and thought he was going to be very good...not to mention they traded him for someone that everyone knew was destined to be a shoe salesman (no offense to anyone who sells shoes, but really)

@ruxpin

Liar

LOL! I didn't know he'd lead the league, but I really thought he was a first line guy good for 20-30. I think it was theMaker03 I argued with at the time because, of course, StayPuft didn't think he was any good. And what StayPuft thought, GolfGirl spewed.

Does everyone here know by now that StayPuft and GolfGirl got married?

I didn't know he'd lead the league, but I really thought he was a first line guy good for 20-30

In truth, I`m not in much of a position to judge at all. I remember Sharp as a Flyer, remember thinking he had some skill and some game, but I don`t remember him especially. Of course, this was when I was hitting the smack pretty hard, so.....

I think I heard that about theMaker03 and Hitch, but that was before my time. Those were the halcyon days of Philly.com and the subject of lore

I remember Sharp as a Flyer

My youngest daughter is 13, which I guess put her at about 5 years old for the Flyers-Senators' brawl game. She happened to be in the room briefly for the Rinaldo fight. When Crombeen went down, she yelled, "DOWN GOES SPEZZA! DOWN GOES SPEZZA!" (only relevant because it was Sharp that took down Spezza)

Makes me laugh every damn time.

By the way, I was so upset about the Sharp trade that I was trolling the BlackHawks child board on HFBoards and they were all whining about getting "yet another goon." I can only imagine that their only knowledge of him was the Sharp/Spezza fight.

• Like 1