Krownwalls hit on Kessler

Guest Vanflyer

Anyone see the where Krownwall had him totally lined up for a nice hip check, but then decided to just paste him back side and left his feet. No penalty on Kornwall for leaving his feet, but kessler gets one. On the ensuing f/o, Nucks get a break going the other way and d-man runs into the lead guy and pushes him into howard, trailing d-men score. Howard goes biserk, but no penalty for him.

• 2 months later...

@Phillygrump I don't understand why he went in with his back first. Also skates left the ice.

That is just total B.S. by the league, he left his feet, but the bigger issue is, where is the "concern for the puck handler"? They've set the precedent that it doesn't matter if it's a clean check that is landed b/c the puck handler isn't paying attention. If you can paste a guy, it's the checker's responsibility NOW to "hold up" and take it easy (not that I agree with that) but I guess Kronwall has found a loophole: "turn your back to the puck carrier, b/c hey, i can't SEE that the guy is vulnerable!"

@xganarchy Now that was a hit! I thought it was hilarious! Knocked him right out of his gloves...tt was just like a cartoon! Ericsson got clobbered but his gloves and stick kept going!

well that certainly wasn't the reaction i was expecting. I, like you, love a good hit, but the NHL certainly seems intent on trying to eliminate that from the game these days :-/

please dont eliminate hitting, good clean hits are one of the best part of the game.

Good clean hits are great no doubt. But the hit by Rinaldo could end someones career or possible mess their lives up for good (Primeau, Pronger and the list goes on) that's when the NHL needs to step up. Kronwall's hit was awkward but Rinaldo's hit had intent. That's the difference. I have no respect for Rinaldo and hope his career in the NHL is over rather quick.

@Phillygrump I don't understand why he went in with his back first. Also skates left the ice.

WOW!!!!!!! It's the Wings...Shanny has already recieved payment to do his part on keeping the Wings in the lineup....it's Kessler's fault for touching the puck...

j/k

Good clean hits are great no doubt. But the hit by Rinaldo could end someones career or possible mess their lives up for good (Primeau, Pronger and the list goes on) that's when the NHL needs to step up. Kronwall's hit was awkward but Rinaldo's hit had intent. That's the difference. I have no respect for Rinaldo and hope his career in the NHL is over rather quick.

Rinaldo is a joke, on a team that cant kill a penalty he takes more dumb penalties than anyone in the game and the uneducated Flyer fans love the guy. A bad team wants a guy like that to keep the fans from falling asleep but a good team like Philly should bury him with the Phantoms.

Rinaldo is a joke, on a team that cant kill a penalty he takes more dumb penalties than anyone in the game and the uneducated Flyer fans love the guy. A bad team wants a guy like that to keep the fans from falling asleep but a good team like Philly should bury him with the Phantoms.

It was the same when Carcillo was here. Same type of player that is rarely useful.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that those types of players can't develop into useful players. Steve Downie had become a pretty good player with 35pts and 123 PIMs. It took him a few years to figure it all out.

@Digityman-

"Steve Downie had become a pretty good player with 35pts and 123 PIMs. It took him a few years to figure it all out."

Hardly fair to lump Downie in with the Rinaldos of the world. While I can see the "loose cannon" similarities, Downie has always had hockey skills. He was a point and a half per game player in junior, his team captain, assistant captain for team canada in WJHC and a ppg player in the tournament not once but twice (both times Canada won the Gold). It was this pedigree, along with his snarl that put him as a 1st round pick by most scouts.

Just saying. :-)

Anyone see the where Krownwall had him totally lined up for a nice hip check, but then decided to just paste him back side and left his feet. No penalty on Kornwall for leaving his feet, but kessler gets one. On the ensuing f/o, Nucks get a break going the other way and d-man runs into the lead guy and pushes him into howard, trailing d-men score. Howard goes biserk, but no penalty for him.

Kronwall is everything that is wrong with the NHL today.. A guy hiding behind a visor looking to cheap shot guys any chance he gets because he knows theres no consequences anymore.. in the old days (where there was some respect left in the game) he would have got pummeled a few times and quit his crap

@orange_crush

I don't mind a good check (hip or otherwise). I used to love the way Rob Blake would lay people out with a fierce, but clean hip check. Krownwall is just always leaving his feet and never gets busted for it.

I don't mind clean hits either..but this guy is clearly head hunting and like you said never gets busted by former Red Wing Shannahan..hmm conspiracy?

@orange_crush

If he was a first year or two player, maybe you could cry conspiracy, but he has been in the league for a while and we know that Campbell was always bias towards Boston. I guess what is more surprising is that nobody runs him. He is not a big player.

@orange_crush

If he was a first year or two player, maybe you could cry conspiracy, but he has been in the league for a while and we know that Campbell was always bias towards Boston. I guess what is more surprising is that nobody runs him. He is not a big player.

I think the problem is there are so many rats like Kronwall in the league anymore...players have come accustomed to it..